PDA

View Full Version : Need tank drilled and overflow installed

Palmer
01-20-2011, 01:53 AM
I pretty much know who makes custom tanks in Calgary but all I need is a couple of holes drilled and a herbie overflow installed in a 30 Gallon tank.

Is it a given that custom tank builders will do this? If not anyone who knows someone in Calgary that will?

thanks,

Palmer

The Grizz
01-20-2011, 02:01 AM
If you lived here or I lived there I would do it for ya:lol:

Milo__42
01-20-2011, 02:08 AM
I am getting my first tank drilled... A 180 that is already in my home. I called King"s and Johnston Glass. They wold both drill but not in home. I didn't get a price though..

Franco's also drills in shop or in home.

That's what a newbie knows! :-)

Palmer
01-20-2011, 02:33 AM
I am guessing though that these glass shops wont be siliconing an overflow? These are glass shops right?

Palmer
01-20-2011, 02:34 AM
If you lived here or I lived there I would do it for ya:lol:

Thanks for the pseudo offer Griz if you were here or I was there I might have taken you up on that... ha ha

the marine apprentice
01-20-2011, 02:37 AM
i ya know for a fact that it not temered then i am sure i can help u out a bit. i work in calgary all week and u could swing it over and we could drill that sucker for ya. what type of over flow are you wanting

Palmer
01-20-2011, 02:50 AM
The all glass website says the tank they offer that is the exact same size is not tempered. Although I bought this tank from them in 1998 so I dont know the chances of whether they would have went from tempered to non tempered...

I was just hoping for a black over flow that went along the side of the tank so I can have a herbie style overflow with 1 " PVC tubing.

Palmer
01-20-2011, 03:34 PM
So I guess most custom tank builders dont retrofit? :lol: