PDA

View Full Version : I really need a name! Please Vote :)

Trabby
01-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Red Coral Lethbridge recently brought in a beautiful assortment of fish. So we finally added our tang..... we picked up a 2 1/4 inch yellow tang. This little guy has a great personality!!! He wasted no time introducing himself to his new tank mates and is fitting in nicely. Everyone in the house has a different idea on what his name should be, so we decided to post a poll on our local marine forum. Well the voting landed us with the same gridlock that we faced in the first place.. the kids are very excited to finally get a name for this guy!

So were bringing the vote to canreef!!

cuz
01-18-2011, 03:21 PM
Earl!!!

Trabby
01-18-2011, 03:25 PM
QUOTE=cuz;582974]Earl!!![/QUOTE]

LOL it is a good one Larry..... but it didnt make the short list! oh by the way are you still laughing at the 4 way tie?:redface:

Zoaelite
01-18-2011, 04:13 PM
For a yellow eh?

I don't name many of my fish but the ones I do always have a special story behind them.

For example my cleaner shrimp pair Mr & Ms & Mr & Ms Lanny McDonald are named so because of their whiskers.

Yellow tang.. yellow submarine.. Maybe your tang could be Paul McCartney or John Lennon? Or better yet Sir John Paul McLennon?

Ted works too...

Trabby
01-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Haha... we don't have a ton of fish in the 90g.... But they almost all have names... Makes it easier to refer to them as an individual rather than "that fish" lol
Clown pair- Bob and Marley - we vacationed to Jamaica, it was the inspiration to get into saltwater
Ember blenny- Spidey- for his awesome coloration and pattern
Purple firefish- Finley- when we aquired him his fins were all pretty ratched from his former tankmates
we also have four blue green chromis, they are affectionately known as the chromis

RedCoralOnlineStore
01-18-2011, 05:26 PM
He's very nice...BRIGHT! I voted for Ray! Like a ray of sunshine!:mrgreen:

Alleycat_99
01-18-2011, 05:39 PM
TED the yellow tang

daniella3d
01-18-2011, 06:47 PM
My yellow tang killed my green mandarin, so I had a much different name for it wich was little bastard until it was sold. Glad to see yours is behaving.

My checkerboard wrasse harrassed everything in my tank except the mandarin...that one was named wrassehole until it was sold.

Seems I only name my fish when they are nasty :)

sunoka
01-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Red Coral Lethbridge recently brought in a beautiful assortment of fish. So we finally added our tang..... we picked up a 2 1/4 inch yellow tang. This little guy has a great personality!!! He wasted no time introducing himself to his new tank mates and is fitting in nicely. Everyone in the house has a different idea on what his name should be, so we decided to post a poll on our local marine forum. Well the voting landed us with the same gridlock that we faced in the first place.. the kids are very excited to finally get a name for this guy!

So were bringing the vote to canreef!!

Mr ED !

Trabby
01-18-2011, 07:24 PM
We have been lucky so far with not having mean fish.... Other than a blue damsel we used to have. That fish bit me everytime I reached in the tank.

dsaundry
01-19-2011, 12:22 AM
Why not "Bubbles":biggrin:

untamed
01-19-2011, 01:13 AM
"bubbles" is the name of my male Maroon clown.... My yellow tang is "Corona"...think beer, Mexico, sunshine...

So, I voted for "Sunny"

The Grizz
01-19-2011, 01:18 AM
Gilbert has a nice ring to it, that would be my pick.

Trabby
01-19-2011, 03:15 AM
Interested to see how this turns out :D 12 more hrs then the vote will be closed. Thanks to everyone who has voted!

paddyob
01-19-2011, 03:25 AM
Come on. Leonard is the clear winner!

Picture this.... you come home from work. And who else is swimming eagerly near the front of the tank to greet you. It's Leonard. :becky:

Zoaelite
01-19-2011, 03:28 AM
Come on. Leonard is the clear winner!

Picture this.... you come home from work. And who else is swimming eagerly near the front of the tank to greet you. It's Leonard. :becky:

Live long and prosper much?

paddyob
01-19-2011, 03:29 AM
Live long and prosper much?

Ha ha! Funny, but no. Big Bang Theory.

Zoaelite
01-19-2011, 03:31 AM
Ha ha! Funny, but no. Big Bang Theory.

I really dislike that show, Startrek Voyager on the other hand is a different story...

but back on topic Ted is quite clearly better than Leonard.

daniella3d
01-19-2011, 04:00 AM
Those are some really nice zoanthids you got in your avatar pic. what are they? and where did you get them?

I really dislike that show, Startrek Voyager on the other hand is a different story...

but back on topic Ted is quite clearly better than Leonard.

Zoaelite
01-19-2011, 04:19 AM
I never got an ID on them actually, have been looking but haven't found anything similar. Got them at Red Coral Calgary I do believe.

Trabby
01-19-2011, 02:09 PM
Well good morning Leonard!!!!! Looks like we may have a winner... An hour and 10minutes left I guess it could change :)

lastlight
01-19-2011, 03:46 PM
From everyone in my tank with a name:

cleaner shrimp - jacques
bicolour blenny - benny
kole - cole
purple firefish - smoky
roya gramma - fin
bangaii - marty
2 chromis - fin's friends (daughter's choice)
leopard wrasse - baby guire (daughter named him baby jaguar from dora but couldn't say jaguar)

Let us say "welcome!" to Leonard the yellow tang!