PDA

View Full Version : SEA cucumber "pooping" out yellow strings ??

jarrid
01-18-2011, 02:30 AM
My sea cucumber is expelling yellow strings from it's butt, I have never seen this before and am wondering what it is ? Is it just waste that he is expelling or is he distressed and polluting my tank w toxins ?? Anyone who can shed some light on this please do.

whatcaneyedo
01-18-2011, 03:31 AM
Got a picture? What type of cucumber? When stressed many types of cucumber (maybe all) will expell their super sticky internal organs. Some of my diver buddies like to shoot each other with them... not very nice I know.

The only type I have experiance with is the tiger tail and its 'poop' is just little pellets of sand.

daniella3d
01-18-2011, 03:52 AM
Sea cucumber are toxic and if it expell its internal organs it will probably kill everything in your tank. I surely hope that's not what hapened but you should put carbon filtration 24/7 when you have such creature in your tank.

My sea cucumber is expelling yellow strings from it's butt, I have never seen this before and am wondering what it is ? Is it just waste that he is expelling or is he distressed and polluting my tank w toxins ?? Anyone who can shed some light on this please do.

JohnnyReeftank
01-18-2011, 04:19 AM
Your answer lies in the movie Jackass 1