PDA

View Full Version : WTB : Red Macro Algae

ltay
12-24-2003, 07:46 AM
Anyone has Red Macro algae similar to the picture below ?

http://members.shaw.ca/larrytay/tankpics/red%20macro%20algae.bmp

12-24-2003, 09:20 AM
I used to have a little piece of that on one of the live rock that I purchased, but the urchin quickly consumed all of it. By the way, what camera did you used and what setting/mode did you used? The clarity and detail of the picture is awesome.

Bob I
12-25-2003, 05:15 PM
Some nice green Valonia would look real good with that red stuff for Christmas :rofl: :silly:

TNTCanada
12-26-2003, 06:22 PM
Never seen that kind but would like to get some

Jack
12-26-2003, 08:11 PM
I think Christy had some of that stuff once. It might be on her website. Let me check.

christyf5
12-26-2003, 11:36 PM
Yup I had some. I got it from J&L. It was the only algae my kole tang would eat :rolleyes: . Then when it died back I hid it and got rid of the kole tang. It grew up really nice. :biggrin: Then it was also the only algae the scopas tang would eat. :rolleyes: Then its last little branches grew some lovely hair algae and looked like a christmas tree year round and the scopas mostly left it alone. :biggrin: Then it got hard from a kalk precipitation and it didn't look so hot :neutral: but the scopas still left it alone mostly. :biggrin: Then it came back and the scopas went to town on it again. :evil: Finally it was gone. :cry: Now I just have green. Want some?? :wink: