PDA

View Full Version : clownfish diseases

spawn
01-16-2011, 10:01 PM
Hi my clown fish seem to be developing freckles. Black spots randomly around their bodies, both of them have it, neither one seems sick so I'm wondering is this common? They've had these marking developing over the last 2-3 months. I think they're false percs, and my camera sucks so I'm unable to get a decent picture ATM.

flipzed
01-16-2011, 10:04 PM
do u have any zoanthids in your tank? ive heard of them stinging clowns and leaving black marks on them, usually when they are trying to host the coral

noirsphynx
01-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Sounds like they're being stung by corals. My female hosts in a hammer and she gets the black spots from it.

spawn
01-16-2011, 10:22 PM
I've recently added some red mushrooms and I think they seem to want to host in them. Would mushrooms do this, I don't have many or do I see them around Zoa's. Sps dominated tank. If this is the problem, is it very harmful with any serious effects?

toytech
01-16-2011, 10:26 PM
my one clown randomly got spots on him too . There wernt any corals in my tank to sting him , so i dont know where they came from . but hes had them for 6 months now and is fine so i wouldent worry too much about it.