PDA

View Full Version : Tank stand problems

roverT
12-24-2003, 05:37 AM
Hi, my tank stand is out in the middle about a 1/16" so some of the tank is not touching the stand. The tank is a 135 gallon sea star 72" length, 18" width, and 24" height. Will this small gap be a big problem (crack the tank :evil: ) or will the weight of everything push the sides down?

Chad
12-24-2003, 06:05 AM
Hi, my tank stand is out in the middle about a 1/16" so some of the tank is not touching the stand. The tank is a 135 gallon sea star 72" length, 18" width, and 24" height. Will this small gap be a big problem (crack the tank :evil: ) or will the weight of everything push the sides down?

I'm no expert but to the best of my knowledge you do not want to have any gaps between your tank and stand. Do you mean that if you look at the bottom of the tank head on you see a gap between the bottom of the tank and the top of the stand? There is a lot of pressure being put on the sides of a tank. Personaly I would want to have a perfect fit.

Aquattro
12-24-2003, 06:49 AM
Do you have some type of padding between tank and stand? You should have some foam or carpeting to absorb those differences.

roverT
12-24-2003, 09:01 PM
Thanx, Brad that was what I was thinking