PDA

View Full Version : Catching a Coral Beauty?

JenniferL
01-15-2011, 12:50 AM
I need some suggestions on how to catch a coral beauty. I bought this fish about 1 1/2 months ago, beautiful fish, eats well....a little too well that is. I bought a zoa frag a couple weeks ago and noticed that there are some missing now and it looks kinda chewed up and caught it nipping at my open coral tonight. So I would like to try and remove it, just wondering what ideas others might have as to how to go about trying to catch this fish. Such a shame, I really like this fish, but needs to be in fowlr tank.

Wayne
01-15-2011, 01:00 AM
Try catching at night. Sneak up with a flashlight, a net, catch him and get him into a bucket that you have already prefilled with tank water.

Or you could try this, I know I would bite:

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/5660135/2/istockphoto_5660135-money-and-fish-hook.jpg

Patty-Brent
01-15-2011, 01:18 AM
I have used a 1liter bottle. You have to cut the neck off the bottle first then cut off the cap part and put slits around where you just cut then insert that piece in the other half of the bottle small end first. You have now made a one end fish trap all you do now is put the coral beauties favorite food in there and be patient I hope I explained this good enough

chris121277
01-15-2011, 01:26 AM
when I had to get mine out...as it was nipping at my clam, I left the net in the tank for a day so it was used to it being there.....then wile dropping food into the tank scooped it up bingo bango.....she went to a buddy with a FOWLR :biggrin:

frd72
01-15-2011, 02:14 AM
I need some suggestions on how to catch a coral beauty. I bought this fish about 1 1/2 months ago, beautiful fish, eats well....a little too well that is. I bought a zoa frag a couple weeks ago and noticed that there are some missing now and it looks kinda chewed up and caught it nipping at my open coral tonight. So I would like to try and remove it, just wondering what ideas others might have as to how to go about trying to catch this fish. Such a shame, I really like this fish, but needs to be in fowlr tank.

what is the condition of your tank? is it over stock? the way i catch my wrasse before was i have to isolate the fish on one side of the tank, now the fish has only small room to swim then i just use a net..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxwv6NLkSzo

JenniferL
01-15-2011, 02:37 AM
Thanks for all the ideas, I don't think I can isolate him in a specific part of my tank, its a 90gal with about 120lbs of live rock. I think I'm gonna try putting the net in the tank for a day idea and see from there.:smile: