PDA

View Full Version : I Need Plumbing , any Hints ??

ensquire
01-13-2011, 11:10 PM
I need to replumb my return and drain lines and since I live in the far reaches of the north, it is impossible to get anything locally.
What I need is somewhere in western canada that I can shop online or even over the phone, where I can get fittings and bulkheads and valves, etc.

Thanks

cwatkins
01-13-2011, 11:28 PM
J&L should have all you need. For elbows, etc, you could try ordering from Corix over the phone.

abcha0s
01-14-2011, 12:33 AM
J&L is a great place to shop, but their plumbing selection is limited.

I would suggest BRS (Bulk Reef Supply). Try to get in on the next group buy. They ship group buy orders directly to the purchaser. Their plumbing selection is pretty good.

fishytime
01-14-2011, 12:48 AM
first tip is....."poop runs downhill" thats plumbing 101:mrgreen:.....Red Coral usually has most of the "specialty parts" that we need.....and no waiting for a group buy:wink:

cwatkins
01-14-2011, 02:15 AM
I would suggest BRS (Bulk Reef Supply). Try to get in on the next group buy. They ship group buy orders directly to the purchaser. Their plumbing selection is pretty good.

There is one currently running! Hop on over to the thread http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70835&highlight=BRS and you can still get in on it! Ends Tuesday I think.

BlueWorldAquatic
01-14-2011, 04:07 AM
We at BWA just finished our plumbing section, we now have a great supply of bulkheads, loc line, and fittings now in stock.

KEN

ensquire
01-14-2011, 05:33 PM
There is one currently running! Hop on over to the thread http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70835&highlight=BRS and you can still get in on it! Ends Tuesday I think.

Thanks I will see if I can get in on this one at BRS.
I like J&L but their plumbing is very limited . Ocean Aqutics is better but not a one stop shop, I am finding that there is no such place LOL

germalone
01-24-2011, 11:39 AM
I need to replumb my return and drain lines and since I live in the far reaches of the north, it is impossible to get anything locally.
What I need is somewhere in western canada that I can shop online or even over the phone, where I can get fittings and bulkheads and valves, etc.

Thanks
Well this is correct way, I also know one company named Ger Malone which provides plumbing supplies and heating supplies.

phi delt reefer
01-24-2011, 12:10 PM
flexpvc.com - has everything... i dunno what the shipping cost is to Canada but the prices are the best. Only thing they didnt have was Gate Valves - but Ocean Aquatics has the best price on those.

Unions are normally $5+ everywhere - flexpvc sells them for $2 a pop. Their barb fittings selection for 1/2" is extremely limited but everything else you should find there.

phi delt reefer
01-24-2011, 12:15 PM
Well this is correct way, I also know one company named Ger Malone which provides plumbing supplies and heating supplies.

LOL - great self plug there Ger! I think shipping from Ireland plus lack of online shopping is a limiting factor at this point.

Site looks promising though - any plans to sell fittings and what not through your online shop in the near future?

ensquire
01-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Thanks, pretty much anything you want at Flexpvc.com.
PVCFittingsDirect.com is preety good as well but of course shipping is gonna hurt a bit.