PDA

View Full Version : Local Newbie!

Gujustud
12-24-2003, 12:57 AM
Whats up everyone!

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I'm a total newb in the reef/tank stuff, but I've been reading more than I ever have in my life! I'm going to be starting hopefully with a 32g on boxing day, and going from there...

will be starting with LR/LS and soon fish, and maybe coral a few months down the road... Glad to be able to find a local Vancouver group. I'm guessing this is the only one?

LostMind
12-24-2003, 02:14 AM
Hey Gujustud! You are the same guy from MPsport right?

Welcome to the addiction, erm, hobby.

As for clubs, this doesnt really seem to be a club, but it is a great place to ask questions and grab some info.

What is your livestock plan? Have you purchased anything yet?

Nice to see you around, good luck with the tank!

martym
12-24-2003, 02:39 AM
Welcome aboard :smile:

Gujustud
12-24-2003, 03:10 AM
Hey Gujustud! You are the same guy from MPsport right?

Welcome to the addiction, erm, hobby.

As for clubs, this doesnt really seem to be a club, but it is a great place to ask questions and grab some info.

What is your livestock plan? Have you purchased anything yet?

Nice to see you around, good luck with the tank!

OMG, are you freaken serious?

This is scary. Yes it is me! Whats going on!!!?? I've been trying to contact you for a while now! I still have your door sills!!

Don't tell me you're into this stuff as well? You're right about being a addiction.

LostMind
12-24-2003, 03:24 AM
Hehehe, its too funny :)

good talking with you on icq. this is a great bbs man, you should enjoy it.

props
12-25-2003, 12:20 AM
door sills
hmm got one for a 02 v6 coupe accord by any chance?
heheheh

WELCOME TO CANREEF NEIGHBOR!!!

Gujustud
12-25-2003, 01:02 AM
Lol!

Just incase anyone is wondering. I met Lostmind on another board (Vancouver Protege Club (http://www.mpsport.net)) well over a year ago (is that right?). I met him a few times in person, and the last I remember was a club meet at a restaurant. I had just organized a Groupbuy on door sills, and lostmind had jumped in on it. He paid for it, but after that he disappeared of this side of the world. Unfort I didn't have any contact with him, other than our forums on our website, and since we lost our database, I had no way to contact him.

And now, as you can see from above, I've run into him again, on another board. What a small world it is (that can be taken litterally due to the nature of this hobby ;)).

Anyhoo, thanks for the welcome! So glad there is a local club! I was looking around everwhere, and was close to starting one up (I admin several other website forums). No need now!

I started a new blog, on my personal website, dedicated to my tank, that i'm starting so I can have my own, online, journal, with pics and stuff, as I start my tank. Kinda better than writing it in a book, cuz this way, I can host up pictures and so forth, and if I need help, all my background is listed up online.

Linky here! (http://www.ditchmond.com/aquarium.html)

Samw
12-25-2003, 01:09 AM
Cool. I wonder if I'll meet long lost friends someday via Message boards.

I want an RX8 one day. Although, I'm keeping an eye out on Mitsubishi's E-Concept Hybrid sports car to be unveiled this January in Detroit. I'm trying to get my parents to buy a Mazda3 for their next car.

Gujustud
12-25-2003, 01:16 AM
Cool. I wonder if I'll meet long lost friends someday via Message boards.

I want an RX8 one day. Although, I'm keeping an eye out on Mitsubishi's E-Concept Hybrid sports car to be unveiled this January in Detroit. I'm trying to get my parents to buy a Mazda3 for their next car.

Your parents will be extremely happy with the Mazda3. One of my friends (who is the other admin of mpsport.net/bcmazda.com) was one of the first people to get the RX8 here in Vancouver. Just last week however, he traded it in and got a Mazda3 (he had his fun with the 8). The 3 is a superb car, and will be blowing away all cars in its rank. Power/handling/looks. It has it all.

The 8 on the other hand. Woot! 9grand red line. Sure it doesn't have a ton of hp, but handling and looks, i'd take it anytime over a 350z.

Samw
12-25-2003, 01:20 AM
The 8 on the other hand. Woot! 9grand red line. Sure it doesn't have a ton of hp, but handling and looks, i'd take it anytime over a 350z.

And the RX8 has 4 seats!! I can drive co-workers out for lunch!! :lol: I'll miss not having ALL Wheel Drive though (in my current car). That's a cool feature to have in a sports car in Vancouver. Its nice accelerating in the rain with AWD.

Mazda's got their act together recently.

Son Of Skyline
12-25-2003, 03:13 AM
Welcome to the world of reefing! Soon it's going to dip right into your car building dollars...trust me :smile:

Do u know a guy names Eugene Seto? He owns a local Protege forum but I can't remember which one right now.

props
12-25-2003, 04:40 AM
hahha nice damain name dood!!! gj!
how much you paying a month to keep it up?

Gujustud
12-25-2003, 05:18 AM
Welcome to the world of reefing! Soon it's going to dip right into your car building dollars...trust me :smile:

Do u know a guy names Eugene Seto? He owns a local Protege forum but I can't remember which one right now.

Okay this world is getting smaller and smaller. Eugene is on our boards as well. He is one of our moderators. I know him pretty well. He's got the turbo P5.

I'm actually slowly getting away from the car moddin' thing. I ride a sportsbike as well (during the summer). It all gets a little to expensive, and the car thingy isin't really working out 100% (my car giving me a few probs) so I'm gonna slowly sell some of my modifications, and start reefin'!

hahha nice damain name dood!!! gj!
how much you paying a month to keep it up?

Heh, thanks! I actually have my own dedicated server which primarly hosts another website of mine, Mazda6club.com (http://www.mazda6club.com). I've got a hell load of space on that server, and since my personal site doesn't take up too much space I just host it on that server. I pay about $15 a year to keep the domain registered.

ltay
12-25-2003, 06:05 AM
Welcome Gujustud, boy... what a nickname...

Gujustud
12-25-2003, 06:07 AM
Welcome Gujustud, boy... what a nickname...

Lol, i'm guessing you understand the meaning of it? :biggrin:

dekay
12-25-2003, 07:13 AM
Your world has just gotten a little smaller. I'm the one who recommended you this website on the aquafan forum :cool:

Gujustud
12-25-2003, 08:49 AM
Your world has just gotten a little smaller. I'm the one who recommended you this website on the aquafan forum :cool:

Aha! You're the famous "guest".

Thanks very much! Greatly apprecaited. This is an awesome forum!

Mak
12-25-2003, 08:13 PM
Your world is getting smaller.... I'm your long lost brother!!! :lol: :rolleyes: :mrgreen: J/K.

Seriously though, welcome to the board!!! :biggrin: .

Samw
12-28-2003, 07:13 AM
Well, the parents test drove the Corolla, Civic, and Mazda 3 recently. They liked the Mazda 3 the BEST. So hopefully, I'll get to drive it soon if they get it.

Gujustud, do you have a recommendation where we can get the best deal? I think the one they saw was priced much higher than the manufacturer's retail price (with options taken into consideration) taken from the Mazda Canada website.

dekay
12-28-2003, 08:23 AM
If they have a fleet manager, talk to him instead of a sales, he should have the lowest price, but only if he's willing to deal with a retail customer. If that doesn't work out, let me know, i'll see if my gf can get that car for you.