PDA

View Full Version : rs 135 bs

fiorano
01-13-2011, 08:03 PM
Hey everyone! been awhile since ive been on here had to lay low from the reef aquarium hobby for a bit due to school work etc. anyway all of a sudden my euro reef rs 135 started acting up and producing an obscene amount of microbubbles. like the whole sump is turning into a white foam. any ideas?

muck
01-13-2011, 08:13 PM
cracked fitting maybe?

fiorano
01-13-2011, 09:31 PM
The bubbles seem to be coming out of the return pipe. I had a filter sock over that pipe and it was actually skimming in the sock.

bignose
01-14-2011, 01:40 AM
Maybe it's sucking all the bubbles coming out of the drain back into the skimmer? Is it the older style with the stand pipe coming straight up for the drain? Do you have the foam piece that slides over the drain? I find that it reduces the bubbles.

fiorano
01-14-2011, 05:53 AM
hmmmm thats a possibility. i seem to have gotten rid of the micro bubble issue... but now however it just seems to be constantly overflowing. man this thing is frustrating! and yes it is the older style with the standpipe coming straight up. it seems almost as if the pump is pumping to much water into the skimmer but ive had this thing for 3 or 4 years so i dont get why this would suddenly happen. the stand pipe is turned all the way to open which is what baffles me even more:sad:

no_bs
01-14-2011, 06:10 AM
Check the air intake on the venturi. Might have to chisle out the salt creep.

tang daddy
01-14-2011, 07:32 AM
Check the air intake on the venturi. Might have to chisle out the salt creep.

A good point.....

asylumdown
01-14-2011, 07:16 PM
That exact description happened to me a couple weeks ago with my SWC skimmer right after I re-scaped my tank and re-epoxied every coral I had. It lasted for 3 days then finally went back to normal. I had to throttle the air intake to almost nothing to get it to stop filling the cup in minutes. I think it was the amount of epoxy I used all at once.

Did you move anything in your tank recently?

fiorano
01-15-2011, 05:39 AM
aaaaaah thats it i just epoxied a rock in placer with a very generous amount of epoxy! ha ha im surprised i didnt think of that ive heard of that happening before. thanks guys