PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember...

ickmagnet
01-10-2011, 11:29 PM
...the rainforest cafe at metrotown mall? It's too bad that place shut down before I got into saltwater. I always thought it was cool the way they made that giant interconnected tank(s).

globaldesigns
01-11-2011, 01:37 AM
...the rainforest cafe at metrotown mall? It's too bad that place shut down before I got into saltwater. I always thought it was cool the way they made that giant interconnected tank(s).

I was born and raised in Vanc, and do remember that place, also the huge arcade there. When I took the family to disneyland a few years back, we stayed on the property, and ate almost every meal at the Rainforest Cafe there. Kids and myself loved it, especially when they saw the divers in the tanks, cleaning things.

plutoniumJoe
01-11-2011, 01:53 AM
I remember it! I don't know why it closed it always seemed busy, the food wasn't great but the kids loved it.

I go to Orlando every year and make a point of going to Downtown Disney where they have one (also one at Animal Kingdom). Once I got into reefing I was disappointed when I realized all the "corals" where plastic. They have beautiful FO tanks none the less.

On another note if you go to "The Sea" at Epcot they have the Coral Sea restaurant that has an entire wall that looks into the aquarium. Almost makes you feel bad to eat fish there.

wolf_bluejay
01-12-2011, 06:08 AM
I remember the place and that huge tank -- But I do remember coming across something a few years ago about where that tank ended up. I think it is at some resort, in the restaurant on the island -- Somewhere near Tofino or something.

Anyone else know where that tank ended up....