PDA

View Full Version : Shrimp

Hotpants
01-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Hi,

My brother is setting up a FW 10 gallon planted tank. He was wondering where he could buy cherry shrimp and possibly bamboo shrimp online?

Thanks

dsaundry
01-11-2011, 02:44 AM
Ebay:biggrin:http://cgi.ebay.ca/Live-Freshwater-Shrimps-100-Red-Cherry-Shrimp-/260716715589?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item3cb3ed5e45
here's a link but just go to ebay.ca and type in cherry shrimp...happy hunting:biggrin:

Bugsy
01-28-2011, 02:02 AM
Are you sure you want cherry shrimp? My lord they multiply worse than rabbits do. It took me over 3 hours to get every single one out of my tank. I took them all into our LFS here and would never have them again. Cute shrimp but they just multiply way to much. They also really annoyed my Discus as well.

I do have the bigger shrimp Amano Shrimp that luckily do not have their young live in freshwater. The Amano Shrimps do carry eggs but apparently need saltwater for them to live. I like these shrimp, they do a very good job of keeping liveplants clean and free of algae.

Not familiar with bamboo shrimp though. Happy hunting for them.

tang daddy
02-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Try googling Canadian Aquatics, they currently have all types of shrimp in stock... Saw a whole bunch of bamboo shrimp there yesterday, excellent on shipping livestock aswell!