PDA

View Full Version : Hard-won insights

seasmurf
01-10-2011, 06:40 PM
For many of those who have seen great successes and equally great failures, it is this experience that makes or breaks the salt water hobby.
The ones who have had to ‘grin-and-bear-it’ and came out the other side:laluot_11:, many kudos to you. It is these people that push the envelope with the saltwater hobby, the “trail blazers” that ‘noobies’, who are inevitably going to make the same mistakes, can consider themselves lucky to have those comrades to learn from.

Ultimately, it all melts together in the long run, and good reef keepers are needed to propagate frags and ultimately are keeping wild corals wild, and the saltwater hobby can continue to squash out the need for unnecessary oceanic pillage and plunder habits.
Anyways, I have had too much coffee::laluot_06: and my ‘Nobel prize speech’ has surely exhausted itself here, so what is YOUR story, and can you name a few of the hard won insights you stumbled across? Seriously.
My story? Lets just say that I know patients like no one else; I live off of 1000 a month, believe me, my saltwater fetish is painful at the best of times. I had a 40 gal SW going perfectly, then I had to move because of black mold and my tank crashed. All that hard work! But the good news, I'm back with starting a 180g. YaY! Its just a skeleton, and this time I can NOT afford mistakes. Thanks in advance for sharing!