PDA

View Full Version : LF: Someone to mail me some Chaeto

likwid
01-10-2011, 02:25 AM
Hey guys,

Just set my fuge back up, and am in need of some macro algae to fill it with.

I had a very gracious member mail me some a few years ago (chaeto in a plastic bag in a standard mail envelope) , and am looking for someone to do the same. I'm only in need of about a handful to get started with.

I live in Lethbridge, and would be happy to cover the mail costs and any other fee you may charge for the algae itself. I'm hoping it will be ok to mail in this weather.

Thanks!

likwid
02-03-2011, 08:25 PM
BUMP.. Still looking, please help if you can. No local stores have any chaeto.

viperfish
02-04-2011, 02:25 AM
If you know of someone coming the Medicine Hat, I could give you some.

muck
02-04-2011, 02:33 AM
RC aint got none?

likwid
02-04-2011, 02:57 AM
If you know of someone coming the Medicine Hat, I could give you some.

Are you able to send some in a plastic bag through standard mail? It would only take a day to get to Lethbridge and should survive just fine.

And to the other poster, Red Coral didn't have chaeto, just a tiny bit of calupra in their rock, which doesn't really grow in my tank nearly as well as chaeto.

Northvan
02-04-2011, 03:54 AM
Hi - we are hitting the local F/stores this weekend in vancouver, if i see any I will grab some for you too. If so I'll need address email & dough. You can email me at catherineblack69@hotmail.com
Cheers

viperfish
02-04-2011, 03:55 AM
PM me your address, I'll get you some one way or the other. I may even be coming to Lethbridge next week.

likwid
02-04-2011, 04:32 AM
Thanks for the offers guys! Im gonna try someome within alberta since it will only take a day to ship and give survival a better chance.

I'll pm you my address medhat

Abyss
02-04-2011, 11:29 PM
(chaeto in a plastic bag in a standard mail envelope)
I live in Lethbridge, and would be happy to cover the mail costs and any other fee you may charge for the algae itself. I'm hoping it will be ok to mail in this weather.

Well I have a ball of chaeto. PM me with your address.

likwid
02-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Just wanted to take this time to thank Abyss for graciously mailing me some chaeto. He even sent it Express Post without ever being asked to do so.

Canreef is such a great community, and members like Abyss really make this an awesome site to be a member of.

Thanks again!

likwid
05-24-2011, 11:26 PM
BUMP. Looking for chaeto yet again. The chaeto that Abyss sent me froze during the transfer, and unfortunately only lasted a day before dieing.

All I would like is a fist full of this stuff, in a sealed sandwich bag, mailed in a standard envelope. I will pay for your stamp if needed :biggrin:

BlueTang<3
05-25-2011, 12:42 AM
Why not check out Red coral i am sure they could hook you up fairly easily

likwid
05-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Why not check out Red coral i am sure they could hook you up fairly easily

I have, however they do not have chaeto there, which is why I am seeing if a gracious member could mail some.

likwid
05-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Thanks to RedCoralOnlineStore for offering to mail some. We have some awesome people on this forum.