PDA

View Full Version : What skimmer do i have?

seasmurf
01-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Hi, I'm buying a skimmer through kijiji (with a 180 tnk), and the guy doesnt know what its make is. I see in a picture that the lid has a celtic knot: three loops inter linked as one continuose line. Anyone recognise this skimmer?:question:

Skimmerking
01-09-2011, 06:19 PM
EURO REEF

christyf5
01-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Euroreef, great skimmer!!:mrgreen:

globaldesigns
01-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Skimmer King is right... EuroReef, good brand of skimmer.

I used them, FYI, they do have a habit of the impellor magnet swelling, and then you have to spend something like $150 for a new one. If you are interested in this, just make sure you take the impellor out of the motor and inspect it for swelling or cracking of the magnet.

Skimmerking
01-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Or throw a ehiem on it

globaldesigns
01-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Or throw a ehiem on it

+1, if you can get an eheim with w mesh wheel, or mod it and make your own mesh wheel, then that would be a great pump for it. But as I stated prior, if the impellor is ok, then what comes with them are perfect as well. EuroReef just charges too much for replacement parts.

FYI, I just got a new impellor for my hydor 1000 skimmer, they made a mistake and only sent one, so another is also in the mail. My skimmer pumps are a bit noisy, so they are sending me new impellors to replace all for FREE. Only company I know that does this, so it is a great selling feature, and I will always support Hydor for that.

seasmurf
01-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Thank you so much guys! FYI, I am starting from scratch since my 40g crashed. I'm jumping into the deep end with a 180. (gulp) I live on a security pension, so this wll be lonnnnng process.

Thanks again, you'll be hearing from me a lot!

fishytime
01-09-2011, 07:38 PM
well welcome to Canreef!......and you shouldnt be disappointed with a Euro-reef:wink:

Skimmerking
01-09-2011, 08:16 PM
well welcome to Canreef!......and you shouldnt be disappointed with a Euro-reef:wink:

Holy cow a newbie well a big welcome lets do this the right way shall we Fishytime.