PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Nutrition Pellets Form 1 + 2?

banditpowdercoat
01-09-2011, 02:38 PM
I was looking at JL, whould order more Bio Pellets soon, and wanting to get mroe Form 1 + 2 food but they dont seem to have much anymore online. Is the brand going under? My fish really love it and are doing great on a 50/50 mix and I would love to keep usimng it. Getting Frozen Mysis here is kinda a PITA.

Thx in advance

Oceanic Coral's, if your reading this, do you have any in stock? Med or large pelets. I have small pellets still.

whatcaneyedo
01-09-2011, 02:46 PM
I think they were effected by that new food ban/restriction several months ago and so stocks are running out. I'm not entirely sure though.

banditpowdercoat
01-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Ohh crap. what food ban? Where am I gona get my pellets from now?

bkelly
01-09-2011, 06:09 PM
i noticed that too, so i got some New Life Spectrum pellets good selection of the product, fish seem to like them Oceanic and JL have it.

globaldesigns
01-09-2011, 06:10 PM
Kevin @ Red Coral had a bunch of them, he ordered quite a bit when he found out he wouldn't be able to get anymore soon. I stocked up a bit, but he does have more.

christyf5
01-09-2011, 06:28 PM
to my knowledge only the frozen food was affected by that "ban" not the dry stuff???

globaldesigns
01-09-2011, 06:29 PM
to my knowledge only the frozen food was affected by that "ban" not the dry stuff???

I don't know the reason, but Kevin @ Red Coral did tell me about something, this is why he bought what he could, and stated after that no more for the pellets.

kevin where are you? Please enlighten us.

christyf5
01-09-2011, 06:30 PM
hmm, well who knows maybe the CFIA is taking over dry foods as well but I thought there was just a "problem" with the frozen stuff. That sucks :neutral:

globaldesigns
01-09-2011, 06:32 PM
hmm, well who knows maybe the CFIA is taking over dry foods as well but I thought there was just a "problem" with the frozen stuff. That sucks :neutral:

Tell me about it, I use this brand and love it, when I run out I will have to source another.

I have used others, but I do prefer this one. Pellets sink, but not too fast, so they don't just float away and get sucked into the overflows. Also the fish love them. I mix both 1+2 together and feed this everyday.

HEHE, forget I told you about Kevin having them, I think I need to go buy the rest. :biggrin:

fishytime
01-09-2011, 06:33 PM
canadian distributor dropped the line of products.....and Kevin did buy the last of what the distributor had.....check the new online store:wink:

globaldesigns
01-09-2011, 06:34 PM
canadian distributor dropped the line of products.....and Kevin did buy the last of what the distributor had.....check the new online store:wink:

Hey Doug,

If you have some left, I want 2 containers of 1+2... Please put aside for me.

I will call.

thanks Rick

Coleus
01-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Kevin told me something about the manufacture does no reveal what is in the pellets so they got banned. Not sure if I heard it right but I stock up for a year of supply. My fishes love these. Event my sohal tang love this more than mysis or krill

banditpowdercoat
01-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Kevin!! You take Paypal? I NEEEEED some :D

fishytime
01-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Kevin!! You take Paypal? I NEEEEED some :D

the website does indeed take paypal:biggrin:

banditpowdercoat
01-10-2011, 12:15 AM
is the website http://www.redcoralaquarium.ca ? It doesnt seem to work for me

edit on now it works...

Red Coral Aquariums
01-10-2011, 04:21 PM
I don't know the reason, but Kevin @ Red Coral did tell me about something, this is why he bought what he could, and stated after that no more for the pellets.

kevin where are you? Please enlighten us.

I have been told by my wholesalers that Ocean Nutrition is no longer available and that the Canadian Govt. will not allow it into Canada. When I contacted OC directly they blamed the Canadian Govt. I have been told a few different reasons but will not get into them on open forum. So Yes I bought what I could and am concentrating on selling out what I have left and the brands I can bring in. New Life Spectrum, ERA.
Kevin

RD
01-22-2011, 05:57 PM
The CFIA does not allow transshipping, and now that ON's products are made in Thailand, and then shipped to the US, and distributed from there, that has created at least one of their problems. No direct route to Canada, no green light. It could be that there were ingredient issues as well, there are major differences as to what is allowed in Bangkok, and what is allowed in Canada.

FYI - the new CFIA regulations cover all pet foods being imported into Canada, not just frozen.

HTH