PDA

View Full Version : Angry Pocci

cwatkins
01-08-2011, 11:38 PM
Is a Pocci capable of chemical warfare? I recently acquired a small nice looking frag (1" or so in sice) of Green Pocci from a local reefer. It's about 1.5" to 2" away from a Candy Cane, which over the past couple days has started to have a few heads go into recession. They look dry/hard and have some skeleton showing, and no feeders coming out of them at night.

Are Pocci capable of doing this, or did I just fall behind on target feeding? Changed the carbon last night and I have a scheduled W/C coming up tomorrow.

Everything else is happy.

Nebthet
01-09-2011, 01:25 AM
I think they are capable of chemical warfar. I know my green pocci succeeded it taking out a portion of of of my other sps that sat right beside it. The sweeper tentacles on Pocci are very long as well and if they are hitting your candy cane at all, I can see those pieces slowly receeding then dyung.

reefwars
01-09-2011, 01:38 AM
not for sure if it can or cant but mine is always surrounded in zoas and candycanes and ive not seen any harm and its been since the summer when i got the pocci , sometimes my eel will knock the coral over and its never been hurt or hurt anything its sat on all day. i also keep my pocci side by side with a horn coral that doesnt seem to mind being so close.

with that being said though im sure others may have different opinions especially when it comes to being close to other sps.cheers:)

Seafan
01-09-2011, 01:42 AM
I am not really sure, but my pocci's have always been the ones taking the brunt end of everyone else's sweepers. I just lost a beautiful one and am 99.9% sure it was takin out by my candy cane's, the only coral beside it. It's beautiful self at night, completely dead by morning. Lost my second one when it fell for only a couple of minutes onto my frogspawn.