PDA

View Full Version : LF a few cree royal blue LEDs

therealshark
01-08-2011, 11:07 PM
just wondering if anyone has some spares they are not using, i have a maxspect fixture that i want to change out a few LEDs on.
figured i would ask here before ordering out of the states.

monocus
01-09-2011, 02:12 AM
get ahold of milad-he's selling them cheap

cyber_ecco
01-09-2011, 07:33 AM
Last I saw on RC he sold all his blues and only has whites left.

Bryan
01-09-2011, 09:09 AM
In lieu of Cree Royal Blues, there is a lot of chatter the Satistronics 3W LED Blue is very similiar in output and color to the Royal Blues. I bought 5 from them (minimum order) and it took 2 weeks to arrive. Total including shipping was just under $13.00 USD.

http://www.satistronics.com/3w-high-power-led-blue-2535lm_p1316.html

They are very bright, but I don't have any Royal Blues to compare them to, but I am happy as they will be supplementing some White Crees.

intarsiabox
01-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Wow, sure a huge difference in price from the cree's! If they prove to be as good as the crees it'll sure make DIY fixtures more reasonable in price.

Bryan
01-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Yes, very good price. They say they are not yet there on the white LEDS so best to stick with the Crees for the white.

therealshark
01-09-2011, 10:08 PM
definately cheap enough to give them a try, but as the saying goes "you get what you pay for". but i think they are still worth a try.

how long have you had yours bryan?

Bryan
01-10-2011, 09:21 AM
They just came in the mail last week, so just have them running on a test bench. The build quality seems good, but not having a Royal Blue to compare them too it's hard to say if the color temp is the same. They will eventually be used on a 5 gallon nano tank as actinic supplementation with 4-3 watt White Crees.

This thread on NanoReef.com has some info on the overseas leds, there is a post commenting the Satistronics BLue are very close to the Cree RB.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=252403&hl=satistronics

For the price one can't go wrong, should have ordered some of their White Leds to see how they look.