PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this video?

DisneyCoralReef
01-08-2011, 05:44 AM
I saw this today in a store, and inquired about it to the guy who sets those tanks up. He set this one was put together 2 months ago and was "striving" well....at 2 months, I can only imagine what that means, nonetheless, could it be possible with a 2g tank that has the build in filtering, heating and pump set up like this- be possible? I can imagine it could be started with tank water from a much larger, well matured tank but would it be enough to keep the small frags and a few gobbies alive? (these little guys would have to be moved to a large tank down the road, but is it possible for something like this to work? my goal right now is to turn into into a cute mini desktop tank and call it a day.

Still have not started my 75G because we are doing the move this coming fall, I dont want to start it up to then move it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO5WVLLqiOk

dsaundry
01-08-2011, 07:00 AM
My cute desktop at work has gone from a 25g to a 34g, and yet I still want more.....I am pathetic and hooked on sw tanks.....:biggrin:

soapy
01-08-2011, 03:15 PM
I saw that tank too and well I think you could do a happy little nano, that one looked grossly overstocked to me. The clownfish alone is too much in my opinion but as I recall it had a couple of other fish and a shrimp?

If I did something like that I would stick with one nano type fish or a shrimp and a small snail or two.

paddyob
01-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Based on the video.... looks fine to me. Fish were small.

pirate
01-08-2011, 04:46 PM
I saw that one as well it looked cool. But very limiting. You could go with a 8g biocube, and there would be no messing around with lights and such. As it designed to be a saltwater tank. Plus there are lots of upgrades for the biocubes. Just an option for another small tank.

DisneyCoralReef
01-08-2011, 06:09 PM
I saw that tank too and well I think you could do a happy little nano, that one looked grossly overstocked to me. The clownfish alone is too much in my opinion but as I recall it had a couple of other fish and a shrimp?
If I did something like that I would stick with one nano type fish or a shrimp and a small snail or two. Yes they did have a few other little fish and shrimp, you're absolutely right. They also had a couple snails in the display.

I saw that one as well it looked cool. But very limiting. You could go with a 8g biocube, and there would be no messing around with lights and such. As it designed to be a saltwater tank. Plus there are lots of upgrades for the biocubes. Just an option for another small tank. I do have a brand new set up straight from the store, that is all ready to go, but won't be physically starting the tank until we move later this year. It's 75G pre-drilled reef tank. It's just to big, expensive and lengthy to set up, to have it finally matured that I have to take it all apart to move it.
Absolutely torture let me tell you. I was actually looking for some rabbits food :lol: when I dangerously decided I would go down the dark aisle that leads to fish tanks....I had no idea there was such a thing as those tiny bity little tanks, so it was more of a fun idea for me to play with. It would make an absolutely beautiful little kitchen, office or even living room tank once we move into our new home.

Binare
01-24-2011, 04:27 AM
Golds sells it for 59.99. If memory serves me its alot cheaper then the shop in the video sells em for.