PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Anthias?

SDsd
01-08-2011, 02:35 AM
I have a 26gal tank with a cpl of perculas and an ignitus anthia. Just wondering if I can add a Bartletts Anthia and possibly a Queen Anthia?

SDsd
01-08-2011, 02:36 AM
I guess I`m asking if they will all get along?

Reef_kid
01-08-2011, 03:34 AM
Stick with the anthius you have now. Normally these fish should be kept single in a tank of about 75 gallons. When you hit 90+ gallons the fish can be introduced in trios with 1 male 2 female. By adding another to a tank your size you risk loosing the fish you have now, as well as the new fish. Due to teritory issues.

StirCrazy
01-08-2011, 04:12 PM
. Normally these fish should be kept single in a tank of about 75 gallons. When you hit 90+ gallons the fish can be introduced in trios with 1 male 2 female. By adding another to a tank your size you risk loosing the fish you have now, as well as the new fish. Due to teritory issues.

I'll agree although the min tank for one fish is debatable.. but at any rate the smallest I would use is a 40 for one fish and from my research you can start having multiples in a 120 gal and over. and ideal mix in a large tank is 1 male to 7 or 8 females. feeding wise they should be fed several times a day not once or twice like we feed most fish.

although these fish are smaller than a tang they have a much larger teratory and are way more active swimmers hence they require more room than a tang.

Steve

ponokareefer
01-08-2011, 04:33 PM
I'll agree although the min tank for one fish is debatable.. but at any rate the smallest I would use is a 40 for one fish and from my research you can start having multiples in a 120 gal and over. and ideal mix in a large tank is 1 male to 7 or 8 females. feeding wise they should be fed several times a day not once or twice like we feed most fish.

although these fish are smaller than a tang they have a much larger teratory and are way more active swimmers hence they require more room than a tang.

Steve

Very good advise about anthias. They are a difficult fish to keep long term if you don't have a large enough system and feed regularly.

Rogue951
01-08-2011, 05:33 PM
I have 2 in a 40 breeder with no problems.
been a few months now.
eat like pigs they do.