PDA

View Full Version : ZEOvit Additive, should I buy?

Reef-Geek
01-08-2011, 12:02 AM
Hi, all

I have a red sea max 130d, it is a lps dominated tank with some sofies and a monti cap. I am browsing online today and found the ZEOvit nano power reef addictive. Here is the package details:

Coral Vitalizer - This high quality coral food will not add phosphate or nitrates to your water. Amazingly noticeable improvements to color, polyp extension and overall health will be peak within ten days.
Corals retain their bright, natural color
Increases coral growth
Pohl’s Xtra - Pohl’s Xtra is a supplemental additive that significantly improves growth, color, and vibrancy of corals. Routine dosing of Pohl’s Xtra will have long term benefits that also include improved water clarity, increased robustness and coral health
- Improves all kinds of color significantly
Improves vitality enormously
Amino Acid Concentrate LPS - A revised blend of Amino Acids formulated specifically to target the needs of LPS and soft corals.
Immediate expansion of coral tissue upon dosing
Very positive effect on coral growth
Sponge Power - Sponge power is a specially formulated food for sponges, bivalves and tunicates. - As a secondary effect of increasing sponge, bivalve and tunicate growth, water clarity is improved significantly.
SPS corals develop longer growth tips, LPS and Softies develop strong coloration and improved growth rates
Improved recovery of damaged and receded corals

it looks like a magic product to me based on marinedepot's review, it says corals will have better extension and better color in only a few days. The product has 4 * 10mls, so if one drop is 0.05 ml, it should last me 200days if I dose one drop per day.

my question is, does this thing really worth $40 bucks? why Amino Acid is so important for corals? have any one of you tried the product and got amazing results in a shot time period? Do you dose one drop from each bottle everyday?

I am gonna go a little reef shopping today so I want your input as soon as possible.

Thanks

cwatkins
01-08-2011, 12:15 AM
Before you add Zeovit additives you need to ensure you are close to a ultra-low nutrient system. (Not sure if you are already running biopellets?)

What Does ZeoVit Do?

Let’s start off with what does the ZeoVit system do. Zeovit is a system that incorporates bacterial sources to help rid a system of excess nutrients. Some have labeled this as one of this first well publicized ultra low nutrient system or ULNS. The idea is to mimic natural seawater (NSW) parameters by reducing the levels of Nitrate and Phosphate without lowering other essential parameters such as Calcium and Magnesium.

The best way that I understand this is a two step process; 1) the system removes excess nutrients such as nitrate and phosphate through bacteria sources and skimming. 2) Once ULNS has been achieved, you may 'tweak' coral colors through additional Zeovit additives.

Well isn’t that what you are suppose to accomplish in a reef system? Can I do that with a nice high-end skimmer and frequent water changes? Well yes, but there are some nice side benefits to the zeovit system that we will talk about later.

http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10354