PDA

View Full Version : FS 180gal tank with oak stand Sherwood Park, AB

amy
01-07-2011, 04:55 AM
180 gallon tank 72X24X24

Oak Canopy (reinforced with bare plywood...may want to redo for esthetics) and stand (has some scratches, and the inside of the doors are blackened and sticky, I'm assuming from moisture build up).

Sump and all plumbing

Only comes with reg. fluorescent lights, you'll want to replace them.
$600

Aquattro
01-07-2011, 04:57 AM
your pic is upside down :)

amy
01-07-2011, 05:07 AM
hmmm...it's right side up on my desktop. Wonder why it attached like that?

amy
01-07-2011, 05:08 AM
try again

amy
01-07-2011, 05:09 AM
try again

DOH!
I can't figure out how to fix it. Sorry

Aquattro
01-07-2011, 05:16 AM
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/reef_raf/180gal.jpg

amy
01-07-2011, 05:40 AM
I just received a PM calling me out for being low reselling a crap tank that I was unhappy with from a deal gone wrong. I want to clarify incase others are sharing this thought as well.For those of you who read previous posts about me getting a raw deal on a 180 gal system in red deer and are wondering if this is what I am selling, the answer is yes...and no.
The system I bought in Red Deer ended up being a mistake for a few reasons...the biggest one being that I took someone at their word after seeing a few pictures. I paid a lot of money to have a complete system brought to my house and set up for me as I had no idea what I was doing. This system was said to me very mature, with lots of colorful live rock, corals 30 fish etc etc.
What showed up and got dropped at my door was half of a system...with really bad water paramaters.
I was really bummed out as it was nothing I had expected, so instead of starting my new hobby out with a tank I felt negatively towards, I chose to suck up my losses and start over. I purchased a 90 gal and transferred half of the live rock over. I have spent the last 4 weeks tending to the 180 gallon tank until I was pretty sure the livestock was in fact good and healthy. The fish that came with this 180 were too large for my 90, so I sold them all tonight. (To wonderful people who were all so encouraging and gave me lots of new tips). Now I have placed the remainder of live rock plus the tank that I will shut down (as soon as the rock sell) for sale. I have been honest and upfront about the condition of the items being sold, as well as how I came to be their owner.
I am in no way trying to pawn off anything, or pull the wool over anyones eyes. Also, if you feel that the prices are not an accurate reflection of the product, please let me know.
I hope this drawn out explanation clarifies things a bit. I apologize in advance for clogging up the post.

Amy

amy
01-07-2011, 05:41 AM
Thanks Brad :)

Aquattro
01-07-2011, 06:00 AM
It looks like a 180g that holds water, with a used oak stand and regular lighting. The price seems to be a fair starting point for negotiations, I can't see any issue with this offer.

Vitaminz
01-07-2011, 02:03 PM
+1 for being honest Amy, if only more people that sell things can be like you!

Flash
01-07-2011, 04:05 PM
I saw this tank first hand last night! For the right person this is going to be an amazing tank! I believe it had dual corner overflows? A nice sized sump. Amy and family are great to deal with! Lighten up people. No need for the word wars. We're all friends here! if you don't have anything nice to say or if you're not interested in buying the tank. Keep it to yourself!! Good luck with the sale amy!

dunl
01-07-2011, 05:08 PM
It looks like a 180g that holds water, with a used oak stand and regular lighting. The price seems to be a fair starting point for negotiations, I can't see any issue with this offer.

Ditto. Someone obviously has too much time on their hands, Amy.

Good luck with the sale....$600 in my pocket and it would have been back down here already. ;)

Wayne
01-08-2011, 02:09 AM
Good luck with the sale! Too bad your original deal didn't work out too well :sad: It has been said that we are all friends here and that couldn't be more true. I have met tonnes of reefers and they are all super nice!

The Grizz
01-08-2011, 04:58 AM
It is totally BS that someone would stoop to that level Amy. $600 is a good price for that size of tank and like dunl stated goes the same for me. I paid $1000 for my 8'er and it only came with a good return pump and a useless sump. No lights, no stand and all the pummbing was garbage but I took it anyway. So I think you are at a great price.

Good luck and big free bump.

paddyob
01-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Good luck with the sale! Too bad your original deal didn't work out too well :sad: It has been said that we are all friends here and that couldn't be more true. I have met tonnes of reefers and they are all super nice!

WhatEVER Wayne! LOL.

Wayne
01-08-2011, 03:55 PM
WhatEVER Wayne! LOL.

:lol:

reefwars
01-08-2011, 04:06 PM
hi amy, i get alot of people messaging me asking if i know of tanks for sale if its ok with you i can try to help you sell yours, would you be willing to sell to someone in edmonton?? thanks:) sorry for the bad luck its buys like these that you bought is why i offer my service to new hobbyst, because its so easy to take someones word and then buy something that wasnt what you wanted.its sad to see people get ripped off in this awesome hobby:):)

amy
01-08-2011, 04:21 PM
hi amy, i get alot of people messaging me asking if i know of tanks for sale if its ok with you i can try to help you sell yours, would you be willing to sell to someone in edmonton?? thanks:) sorry for the bad luck its buys like these that you bought is why i offer my service to new hobbyst, because its so easy to take someones word and then buy something that wasnt what you wanted.its sad to see people get ripped off in this awesome hobby:):)

I would love your help!
My living room isn't big enough for two tanks ;)
The sooner I can move the 180gallon, the better.

You all have been so great!!!
Thanks
Amy

amy
01-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Bump...would really like my living room back.lol

reefwars
01-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Bump...would really like my living room back.lol

hey amy, i sent your info to a couple people i havent heard anything back yet im keeping my fingers crossed though:) do you have an ad on kijiji??

a while back in was selling my 180 was only selling for 300 as it was old but i couldnt get any buyers here on canreef i posted it as a freshwater tank on kijiji and sold like itlikr that, for exactly what i was asking:):)

ill keep you posted if i hear anything back:) cheers:)

hound96
01-10-2011, 05:36 AM
spoken for