PDA

View Full Version : Blacknife's 50g eventually SPS tank

blacknife
01-05-2011, 09:36 PM
I picked up a tank from a buddy over christmas and I have made up my mind what is going to happen to it.

50g 36lx18wx20h Lh overflow single 1.5 inch drain. I just plumbed it up as durso and its running quiet enough on a large powerhead i have that i might keep it that way.

33g sump, just an empty tank for but i might build it up a bit.

Thinking of running about 500 gph return through a vertex moccean<sp>
a Vortec or 2, and some zeo.

Skimmer undecided.

Any suggestions for skimmers pumps for this tank?

Lights i am up in the air about using my current 6 bulb nova extreme or mh/t5 combo.

I am looking to make the whole appearance of this tank nicer than the fairly ghetto setup I have right now full skirted sides to keep the kids out, etc.

I will leave my other tank running for now unless it turns out to be to much work with 2 tanks.

chris121277
01-05-2011, 10:15 PM
I've heard some really good things about SWC skimmers, pretty cheap as well....I'm planning on getting one my self here in the near future

http://www.saltwaterconnection.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=148

Skimmerking
01-06-2011, 12:29 AM
I've heard some really good things about SWC skimmers, pretty cheap as well....I'm planning on getting one my self here in the near future

http://www.saltwaterconnection.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=148

Yes if you want a kick butt skimmer i ran them and they are supper wicked Skimmer. get the 160 cone for the money its well worth it.

blacknife
02-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Changed plans for this tank due to $$ and being unsure whats going on in my life right now.

new title should read "blacknife's low budget hand me down LPS/Mushroom tank"

I basically wanted to get all the sps into their own tank and dial in why they are not growing well for me but instead its the fish and the sps corals plus a select few in the other system and everything that can handle lower flow/light in the building up system. I might be moving pretty soon anyways so this tank might be coming down.

if i move i think I will set up this tank but with all the other goodies from my 40/20, then sell off the other tanks and start a bigger tank in the new house.