PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a set of strong reef safe magnets.

Douglas
01-05-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm looking to borrow a set of strong reef safe magnets. I want them to hold a fish trap. I have no room on the bottom of my reef, for a fish trap. The fish trap i borrowed, has no way to hold the trap in place, higher up in the tank. Or, I am looking for suggestions, on how to hold the trap in place. Trying to avoid tearing the reef apart. Doug

StirCrazy
01-05-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm looking to borrow a set of strong reef safe magnets. I want them to hold a fish trap. I have no room on the bottom of my reef, for a fish trap. The fish trap i borrowed, has no way to hold the trap in place, higher up in the tank. Or, I am looking for suggestions, on how to hold the trap in place. Trying to avoid tearing the reef apart. Doug

go to LEE Valley and get some big rate earth magnets. epoxy them to the trap and put a thin layer of epoxy on the magnet to enclose it and put something soft on the glass side like felt so it won't scratch the glass. on the outside magnet just epoxy some felt to one side.

Steve

Coleus
01-05-2011, 03:58 PM
I bought some Neodymium Magnets from ebay dirt cheap. I was able to found some with plastic wrapping around them so should be reef safe because i use it to hold my frag rack, float switch. No problem so far

fishytime
01-05-2011, 11:33 PM
magfloat or powerhead magnets???