PDA

View Full Version : how many tangs to buy as groups

Skimmerking
01-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Ok since Im doing a 8 footer and want to add a few smaller tangs to the tank Im looking at a few teams what are you reefer's thinking of. Here is what I have in there now a
Sailfin
Kole
Orange shoulder who is still in the Juv age

Aquattro
01-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Well ,I think just add what you feel like adding. I just put a second yellow in my tank, and after a few hours of "hey, **** off, that's my spot" they get along great and hang out together. So just pick what you like and add :)

Skimmerking
01-04-2011, 04:43 PM
That is True Brad, however I feel that alot of people like to ask others on this board to answer the polls for closure that their idea is normal or right out of it, or just maybe they just like to keep everyone in the loop on what they are deciding. Since everyone on here is reef related.:biggrin:

Aquattro
01-04-2011, 04:59 PM
Ya, but if you decide on something that's crazy, you'll likely do it anyway, right? I know I would :)
Pretty much add what you want, add more later if you like, etc. The poll doesn't really ask anything other than what type of fish you like, and really, you're the one to answer that. Personally, I wouldn't add any of those.

Skimmerking
01-04-2011, 05:48 PM
What would you add then Brad:razz:

Aquattro
01-04-2011, 05:59 PM
What would you add then Brad:razz:

For schooling, I'd stick to Yellows. In 8 feet, I might try more than one sailfin. However, I'd be more inclined to have one of each that I liked, Naso, Bareinne, Sohal maybe...Love to find an Achilles, but tough to get a healthy one from a LFS.

Skimmerking
01-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Really more then one Sailfin , they get big I look at Lips now and he is getting fat and big. i thought about 3-4 yellow tangs

Aquattro
01-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Well, it is a big tank!!

reefwars
01-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Really more then one Sailfin , they get big I look at Lips now and he is getting fat and big. i thought about 3-4 yellow tangs

Personally love groups of yellows but sailfins are my fav and the chevrons you mentioned are beautiful as well. Achilles would be the cheery on top so gorgeous and I wish I had the room for one:)

Skimmerking
01-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Ya i would love to have one however, I wouldnt want to try see yellows get some what big too

Myka
01-04-2011, 09:07 PM
I like the idea of 3 Tominis or 3 Kole. I like the look of groups of fish rather than a whole bunch of different ones. Chevrons are nice as juvies, but I think they are rather bland as adults. You might have fun getting Tominis to get along though. Kole is the safe bet, and a bit different than the usual group of Yellows that people do.