PDA

View Full Version : Giesemann aqua pink t5

apexifd
01-04-2011, 05:19 AM
I just pop in one of these in my light fixture(2X150 hqi and 4X54w T5.) with combination of 6 months old actinic X 2 and 1 month old Giesemann pure actinic X1.

with T5 only. everything looks pink!!! not sure how it's like with MH on. but, is it right??? pink is suppose to overpower the blue?? or my actinic are just old.

randallino
01-04-2011, 07:24 AM
I think our Actinic's are old, I have the same bulbs and my tank looks more on the blue side, its 2 pure Actinic, 2 Actinic +, 1 Aqua-blue, and 1 Aqua-pink. all are <1 month old.

Carrera75
01-04-2011, 05:24 PM
I think our Actinic's are old, I have the same bulbs and my tank looks more on the blue side, its 2 pure Actinic, 2 Actinic +, 1 Aqua-blue, and 1 Aqua-pink. all are <1 month old.

I don't think the pink color is because the actinic bulbs are 6 months old. My light fixture is very similar to his with 4x39 T5 bulbs + 2x150 HQI. I purchased 4 brand new T5 bulbs during boxing day. 3 of them are UV Super Actinic and 1 Aqua Pink and my tank looks pretty pink too.

If you don't like the look then you have to get rid of the Aquapink because replacing your 6 month old actinic will not get rid of the pink color. Knowing what I know now I don't think I will purchase an Aquapink or Fijipurple light bulb again.

phi delt reefer
01-04-2011, 06:13 PM
the fiji purple or ati purple plus cause other corals to "pop" with color in your tank. But it requires other bulbs to offset it.

Swap out two of the oldactinics for two ati blue plus or similar bulb.

what bulbs are you running in your halides?

apexifd
01-04-2011, 06:20 PM
the fiji purple or ati purple plus cause other corals to "pop" with color in your tank. But it requires other bulbs to offset it.

Swap out two of the oldactinics for two ati blue plus or similar bulb.

what bulbs are you running in your halides?

this is the bulb configuration:
150watt DE Marineland 14,000k 6 months old(came with fixture) X 2
54watt Marineland actinic T5 6months old(came with fixture) X 2
54watt Giesemann T5 pure actinic 1 months old X 1
54watt Giesemann T5 aqua pink 1 day old X 1

I am not too sure what happen with MH turns on, since I only drop in the 1 bulb last night after turning off the MH.

will find out how the colour looks like after I get home, when all the lights are on.

phi delt reefer
01-04-2011, 11:32 PM
i think the marineland actinics aren't very blue so the giesmann pink is over powering your other bulbs.

throw out the marineland bulbs and grab two giesmann powerchrome actinic plus. They will help balance your color out.

does your tank look yellow, crisp white or slightly blue with just the halides on?

apexifd
01-04-2011, 11:37 PM
darn... giesmann actinic plus are the only 2 bulbs I didn't grab on the boxing day.

tank looks just white with halide on which makes me thinks those 14,000k are more like 10,000k. luckily I bought a pair of phoenix 14,000k on boxing day :)

note to self: don't take the wife to LFS on boxing day, and make a shopping list.

phi delt reefer
01-05-2011, 12:41 AM
yeah keep the pink bulb - you will like the color you get once you balance out your bulbs. Bite the bullet and grab the gies act plus - you'll love the colour and i believe they are a higher par bulb similar to the ati blue plus.

Swap out your halide bulbs and see if you like the color any better before you get the additional t5's. They should help shift the colour a bit.

phi delt reefer
01-05-2011, 12:41 AM
as for your wife.. buy her a gift card to a store she likes close to the LFS. Park your car and part ways :)

apexifd
01-05-2011, 12:54 AM
good advice... only problem is the 2 lfs those I usually go to. J&L & ocean aquatics, there's another around them.

J&L is in small commercial complex. OA is in a industrial park.

maybe I will put in the phoenix and see.

randallino
01-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Ops double post!

randallino
01-05-2011, 07:28 PM
FYI Costco is just down the street form J & L :wink:

apexifd
01-05-2011, 10:30 PM
or I can drop her off @ metrotown on the way to J&L from richmond...

Bblinks
02-10-2011, 10:31 PM
or queenbrough on your way to oc, that usually works for me. hehe