PDA

View Full Version : dead clam

apexifd
01-03-2011, 10:52 PM
one of my crocea just died. so should I remove it or let the CUC take care of the remainder(2")

thanks

Palmer
01-03-2011, 11:15 PM
My vote would be take it out I wouldnt want any excess toxins and nitrates in the water

apexifd
01-03-2011, 11:25 PM
so... anyone has good clam chowder recipe??

j/k... this guy only been in my tank for a week. while another crocea that I pick up at the same time is doing really well.

fishytime
01-03-2011, 11:54 PM
did the store staff have to cut the clams to get them out of the tank?.....possibly damaged it?

apexifd
01-04-2011, 12:13 AM
did the store staff have to cut the clams to get them out of the tank?.....possibly damaged it?

store had all the unattached clam on snail shell substrate. unless damage was from the farm. 2 other clam i got from the same store(same shipment) are doing fine.

The Grizz
01-04-2011, 03:26 AM
Same thing happened to me last week got 2 clam in Edmonton and one is doing great while the other came out of the bag that was full of little bug and did not make it out of my acclimation set up because it died. Don't know what the bugs where but they looked like flat worms. PMed the store and have not got a reply as of yet.

Skimmerking
01-04-2011, 04:31 AM
Wow no reply nice store to go shopping at sorry to here about your clamSame thing happened to me last week got 2 clam in Edmonton and one is doing great while the other came out of the bag that was full of little bug and did not make it out of my acclimation set up because it died. Don't know what the bugs where but they looked like flat worms. PMed the store and have not got a reply as of yet.

The Grizz
01-04-2011, 04:56 AM
Wow no reply nice store to go shopping at sorry to here about your clam

Ya the chance of me returning is slim to none.

apexifd
01-04-2011, 05:24 AM
did you try to e-mail or call the store direct??

The Grizz
01-04-2011, 05:53 AM
did you try to e-mail or call the store direct??

All the store's I deal with respond to pm's just as fast if not faster then e-mail and the fellow in was dealing with is the one that is on here the most, he some what looks after there member name.