PDA

View Full Version : Hitchhikers x 2

silentcivilian
01-03-2011, 06:20 AM
Ok, im going to get a picture in the morning.. I would have one right now.. but I was too rough with him and he looks lifeless now... my bad!!

But, large hairy hairy crab.. for the longest time thought it was a emerald crab, but then when he moved from my hairymushrooms to my birdsnest.. I realised this was all a faux, it wasnt a emerald.. minus some minor details, looked like a big ol teddy bear crab or sorts.. so im sorry to all those that hunt for rare or big crabs for their sump battles.

But the serious question... I believe there is somthing living on my carnation.. at night when I first go down once the lights are out to add some softie food to the water for my light hater corals, I notice that there is what looks to be a transparent one handed shrimp thing living on my carnation.. the same one night in and night out, always just after the light goes out for an hour or two just ripping up and down the carnation.. impossible to get a picture.. ive tried, 100 shots later I have some neat photos of the coral and thats all... any ideas??

toytech
01-03-2011, 09:32 PM
do you hear any clicking from your tank in the day/night because the shrimp your seeing sounds like a pistol shrimp .

silentcivilian
01-03-2011, 10:45 PM
nope, never hear any clicking.. and this shrimp thing i forgot to mention, is tiny.. like really tiny, about 1/8th of an inch.. and never ever is anywhere but the carnation.. id swear it lives in it somehow