PDA

View Full Version : LF: Empty Salt Buckets

slivermaster08
01-02-2011, 05:16 AM
Hey all,

I need some empty 5 gallon salt buckets for water changes on my freshwater tanks. If anyone has an overabundance of them I'd love to grab some. I'm in the Vancouver UBC area and can pick up.

Thanks

kookie_guy
01-03-2011, 11:44 PM
Why don't you just go to a local wine supply store? I get my buckets from a local vin-bon. They were used for grape juice at one point, but are VERY clean and like new. Also comes with a watertight lid. $2/bucket and lid.

Wayne
01-03-2011, 11:55 PM
I have never inquired about this before, but what about your LFS? Depending on the salt they use, I would think they would be swimming in buckets...

kookie_guy
01-03-2011, 11:59 PM
I have never inquired about this before, but what about your LFS? Depending on the salt they use, I would think they would be swimming in buckets...

Wouldn't be surprised if they tried charging you for them as well. At least with the wine buckets you are sure they are watertight, especially if you have to transport the water (I get my RODI water from buddy).

Wayne
01-04-2011, 03:59 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if they tried charging you for them as well. At least with the wine buckets you are sure they are watertight, especially if you have to transport the water (I get my RODI water from buddy).

I would bet they would charge a couple bucks, I know that my IO salt buckets have a thick rubber O ring so I would "assume" they are water tight. But that is probley not the case with all salt brands.

intarsiabox
01-04-2011, 04:10 AM
Hey all,

I need some empty 5 gallon salt buckets for water changes on my freshwater tanks. If anyone has an overabundance of them I'd love to grab some. I'm in the Vancouver UBC area and can pick up.

Thanks

At the U of A they use 5g buckets of salt and the bucketss just get chucked. Maybe talk to an administrator in the bio area of UBC?

edikpok
01-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Try asking Brad (untamed) - he used to have plenty of empty salt buckets...

Rippin
01-07-2011, 06:30 AM
I have 3 you can have. PM me. I'm on Vancouver, close to Cambie and Broadway.