PDA

View Full Version : Rock flower anemone in 20gal?

zum14
01-01-2011, 09:09 PM
So i have never been huge into anemones. There really neat, but just never had an urge to get one. That was untill i saw the flower anemone in Snappys tank. Really neat. So ive done some research on them, i think i have a few good areas one would like and people are clasifying them in the easy category but am curious if anyone thinks a 20 gal is too small for one? I will be getting a 150w pendant in the near future. Currently have no fish and am not planning anything too crazy with them. Thanks.

daniella3d
01-01-2011, 10:22 PM
As long as you feed it, it will be ok and of course as long as you can keep the water parameter stable, for salinity, PH etc...

I have one in my 75 gallons with small fish and it never bother anything. It is not aggressive as it went to place itself right beside my crocea clam and it is toutching it but the clam has been standing this for a month now without much problem. It sometime retract its mantle a little when the anemone toutch it but more often it does not react much to it.

It does move around if it is not happy when you put it.

I would say go for it in a 20 gallons if you can keep it stable.

Snappy
03-19-2011, 08:00 PM
I keep mine in fairly low-med light and it has not moved yet. I have also never fed mine however it is in a tank with a large bioload so it is likely drawing nutrition from the water. I think it would be a great addition for a nano tank. I bring them in on a regular basis so just let me know when you are ready.

zum14
03-19-2011, 08:13 PM
I keep mine in fairly low-med light and it has not moved yet. I have also never fed mine however it is in a tank with a large bioload so it is likely drawing nutrition from the water. I think it would be a great addition for a nano tank. I bring them in on a regular basis so just let me know when you are ready.

I have heard of the possibility of a group order coming your way soon. I wanted to do an order when it warmed up so this is good timing. I am after a specific color though. Ill post a pic when i find it again.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h210/Trainer02/Nov202010045flowers.jpg

Heres the one im after, its one of your pics from an old post. I really like the green/blue disk with the white striped tenticles.