PDA

View Full Version : LF: Biocube 29g canopy only (edm area)

Moby da Goby
01-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Happy New Years everyone!

I'm looking for a used Biocube 29g canopy for a reasonable price. It can come with or without the guts (lights, fans, etc) but I would like it to have the plastic shield if possible. Not a big deal if it doesn't.

I want to try my very non-electrical hand at building an LED system for my tank and don't want to have to take the existing canopy apart for days or weeks on end. This way I have some time to play around and experiment.

Thanks, have a great day!
Deanna

intarsiabox
01-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Any chance you can just let the tank run open top with lights over it? There is also a web site called Nanotuners.com that sells Biocube canopies with LED systems already built in.

Moby da Goby
01-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Any chance you can just let the tank run open top with lights over it? There is also a web site called Nanotuners.com that sells Biocube canopies with LED systems already built in.

I've been on nanotuners constantly for the last two months :) and I'm sure they would put one together for me with a canopy already but it starts getting rather pricey. I'm looking at a retrofit kit from rapidleds to try and keep my costs down. I'd like to keep the tank enclosed because I like the clean look with everything hidden.