PDA

View Full Version : Marine aquarium stores in the GVRD list?

sbcam
01-01-2011, 06:07 AM
Hey all, I was just wondering if there is a ongoing list or directory of marine shops in the GVRD? I sure would like to know if there are any places which I pass by around town and dont even know they are there, especially for someone just getting into the hobby. If there isnt a list already, maybe we could get a thread going.... thanks!

Reef-Geek
01-04-2011, 10:13 PM
J&L
Island Pets
Aquarium West
King Ed
Oceanic Corals
Ocean Aquatics
Roger's Aquatics
Fantasy Aquatics

Renegade
02-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Besides the OA and JL are any of the others worth going to?

gobytron
02-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Kind Eds and Oceanic are both musts IMO.

s.tan
02-03-2011, 06:55 PM
If you're going to J & L, Island Pets is close by (North Road on the Burnaby side near Lougheed highway) and King Ed Pets is not that far either (Kingsway near Edmonds, Burnaby). Good deals or unique fish can be found at either. As wiith everything else, one store may have cheaper pajama cardinals while another may have cheaper butterflies so if you have the time to shop around, it will pay off.:smile:

chewie
03-31-2011, 11:31 PM
There is also Pacific Aquatics AKA Pauls aquarium. Not much in the coral department (what they do have is a great price) but they are contantly getting new fish in. Was there the other day (work a few blocks away) they had nigger triggers for $29, lionfish are the same (or very close to) They had green chromis for $3.99 each, and turbo snails 5 for $10....just to list a few. I have bought a few things (ok lots, just dont tell the wife) there and have been completely satisfied. All healthy and doing great.

It is located at

108 7533 135th st. Surrey BC

bvlester
04-01-2011, 06:05 AM
Ya I was there Tuesday evening the lion is sold and they were going to get a bunch of coral in Wensday evning I have been a customer of Paul's for over 20 years. Very good people and they do have a garenty on what they sell. THey have hermits for 1.29ea if you buy 10 or more. THier prices on dry goods compare with J&L and I would not drive across town for the difference in price, a $1 on some thing does not pay for the gas to drive the distance. THey have a couple flame angles there for $49.00 I believe the sign said. but if J&L is cheaper let Paul know he will normaly do some thing about that.