PDA

View Full Version : Reeflo Owners.

BiggerTrigger
12-31-2010, 05:47 PM
I'm looking to purchase a Reeflo Snapper, however I'm concerned with noise levels as this tank will be in my family room. Can anyone comment on how loud these pumps actually are?

Thanks!

lastlight
12-31-2010, 05:55 PM
My dart gold was fairly quiet. very constant hum so not annoying as in it fluctuates or is irregular but it was audible certainly. The stand was tiled as well which muffled quite a bit of the sound but it escaped out the back of the stand. It was easily the loudest part of that system.

Oh sorry the snapper. My bad. it's lower flow so maybe it'll be quiter. I think the Baldor versions of these pumps are the quieter ones (not A.O. Smith or whatever the other ones are).

ickmagnet
12-31-2010, 07:40 PM
I had a barracuda which was super noisy so I downgraded to a dart. It is pretty quiet. The snapper is smaller I believe so u should have no noise issues

lastlight
12-31-2010, 08:00 PM
I thought the snapper had the same motor as the dart. Just a diff volute etc which made it flow a little less.

Jason McK
12-31-2010, 08:50 PM
I have 2 Hammerheads 1 is very noisy and the other is silent. Ensuring they are mounted level and anchored well will help with the noise

J

golf nut
12-31-2010, 08:50 PM
I thought the snapper had the same motor as the dart. Just a diff volute etc which made it flow a little less.

Other way around, smaller motor same volute and different impeller, it will be quieter, the AO Smith motor will be less effective as the Baldor. marginally as performance but way worse on longevity.

lastlight
12-31-2010, 10:12 PM
Other way around, smaller motor same volute and different impeller, it will be quieter, the AO Smith motor will be less effective as the Baldor. marginally as performance but way worse on longevity.

What you said =)

The Grizz
01-01-2011, 05:26 AM
I have a ReefFlo Snapper that I have to hook up as soon as I can get a fitting so I will let you know what it is like.