PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Camrose

Baldy
12-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Hello everyone,

I have been browsing this forum for a little while and decided to sign up today. I currently have a 75g cichlid tank that i am looking at switching to salt, and am currently doing my research and reading up on everything i can.

Just saying hi and seeing if there is anyone in the camrose area that is a member as well. Id love to take a look at a few setups!

BlueWorldAquatic
12-30-2010, 04:57 PM
Glad to see a new member, think we already met. :)

Ken - bwa

Baldy
12-30-2010, 05:12 PM
Hey Ken. Yeah we talked for a few minutes yesterday :razz:

Thanks again for all your help

paddyob
12-30-2010, 05:44 PM
Did you ever medicate the tank you might make salt?

I have heard some meds may leech into the silicon and may harm some reef life.

Anyone else shed light on this?

Baldy
12-30-2010, 06:17 PM
I have had this tank for 2 years now, and i have once soon after i bought it treated for ick. I want to turn it into a FOWLER tank and not a reef tank, but it seems the inverts might also be a problem. After doing a quick search, i came across this link

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/fish-diseases-treatments/31684-tank-cleanup-procedures.html

It seems with some mild vinegar/bleach cleaning, its possible to get rid of it, but opinions on this seem to be divided. Is there a better place to post on this forum to get more info?

Big Tang
12-31-2010, 05:24 AM
I was in the same boat when i started my saltwater set up all i did was cleaned the tank with a 10:1 hot water to vinager solution and rinse twice. I've done this to several setups now with no ill efects that i ever noticed anyways. Just my 2 cents

The Grizz
12-31-2010, 05:27 AM
Same here, hot water & vinegar works well.