PDA

View Full Version : any islanders ever order frozen food from J&L?

christyf5
12-27-2010, 05:48 AM
I see they have it on their website, just wondering about shipping charges as it has to be overnighted. Any ideas on shipping cost?

paddyob
12-27-2010, 06:03 AM
I see they have it on their website, just wondering about shipping charges as it has to be overnighted. Any ideas on shipping cost?

If you put your order in... it will calculate your charges. I did this once and it will only give you overnight shipping by default... and won't let you select.

So just go thru the motions and try check out and it will show actual charges before making the decision to do so. I found not worth it unless you are buying a lot!

paddyob
12-27-2010, 06:07 AM
Hikari Bio-Pure Frozen Mysis Shrimp (8oz. - Flat) ($5.08 each)
Hikari

$5.08
All overnight orders placed before 11:00am PT will be shipped that day. Orders placed on the weekend or on holidays will be shipped the next available business day. Orders placed on Thursday after 11:00am will ship on Friday, but not arrive until the following business day.

If you have selected a frozen/perishable product in your order (DT's, Liquid Life, etc.) shipping will automatically default to overnight.

Most standard orders ship within one business day.

International Orders (other than the US) will be contacted with shipping rates before the order is shipped.

Total: $5.08
Tax: $1.85
Handling/Insurance: $2.37
Shipping: $22.61

Discount: $0.00
Order Total: $31.91

Mrfish55
12-27-2010, 01:47 PM
I do on a regular basis, same day air $35 on Pacific Coastal, see if you have anyone else on the Island and do a group order to split the cost.

Aquattro
12-27-2010, 03:17 PM
What do they have that you can't get here?

marie
12-27-2010, 04:52 PM
I do on a regular basis, same day air $35 on Pacific Coastal, see if you have anyone else on the Island and do a group order to split the cost.

The price has gone up, the last time I had something flown up it cost me $40

Mrfish55
12-27-2010, 04:57 PM
The price has gone up, the last time I had something flown up it cost me $40

I think it is also weight based, last coral order was $65 for one box, and a week later my frozen stuff was $35 and the box was close to the same size, we should be doing group buys and save some shipping cost.

christyf5
12-27-2010, 10:59 PM
What do they have that you can't get here?

well with the "here" being nanaimo, and with the demise of the one store we had here that carried frozen food I'd say J&L has pretty much everything. Making the drive down to victoria/duncan isn't as easy as it used to be so I was just thinking I'd order from J&L but with those shipping costs I gotta say "ouch". I'd rather just suck it up and make the drive, at least it would help with the cabin fever. I'm not desperate for frozen food but in a couple of weeks I'll be needing more (my fish are such ridiculous pigs but I love how thick and healthy looking they all are :biggrin:).

Maybe I'll see if I can coordinate Progressive Reef with shipping frozen food when they're doing an inventory shift from Victoria to Nanaimo.

Aquattro
12-27-2010, 11:14 PM
Maybe I'll see if I can coordinate Progressive Reef with shipping frozen food when they're doing an inventory shift from Victoria to Nanaimo.

If not, let me know and I can bring it up, Mom is up there, se we go up regularly(ish)