PDA

View Full Version : yellow tang RSM 130

Fishguy52
12-24-2010, 05:07 PM
wondering if a yellow tang in a red sea max 130(34gal) is a good idea, i know these fish need some room does this tank seem to small for them?

i have 2 clown and a coral beauty angelfish

reefwars
12-24-2010, 05:35 PM
way to small they need at least 4 ft of swimming room and will need even more as they get bigger they are constant swimmers and always grazing so they use alot of energy and need the room to stay healthy,in a small aquarium they have a good chance of getting sick easier as well. sorry:):)

dstasiuk
12-24-2010, 05:37 PM
WAY too small! Tangs love to swim, and the RSM won't cut it. Fish will be perpetually unhappy. Even the tanks we all say are okay (6' or bigger), are really to small for these fish, considering their "natural" home.

We have a responsibility to the beautiful creatures we "adopt" to care for the responsibly, and sometimes that means putting the animal's interests ahead of our own preferences. There are many beautiful fish that will be very happy in a RSM - stock accordingly and both you and the fish will be happier for it...

naesco
12-24-2010, 05:42 PM
Great advice from experienced reefers. Much too small.

Fishguy52
12-24-2010, 08:05 PM
thanks for the info! your are so right. i will just stay with the fish i have they are happy... so then i am too.

have to what till i do a bigger build :biggrin: