PDA

View Full Version : tank levelling issue

Ryan Joel Smith
12-22-2010, 01:43 AM
Got a bit of a scenario and need some advice. I've had my 120g 5'x2'x1.5' tank setup for about 24 hours now. I've noticed that the tank is a bit un level from front to back by about half a cm and its off by about half a cm from side to side as well. Prior to setting the tank up i spoke with my builder and he assured me that my tank placement on the main floor was fine. I'm assuming based on the fact that i can see the half cm gap between the floor a baseboard that it is the laminate compressing underneath. The basement has an open ceiling and i can see now gaps in any of the i-beams anywhere. My main concern is the stress on the tank. The tank is a used oceanic so the glass is very thick and all seems are in like new condition. Do i have much to worry about here? Should i just keep an eye on it for now?

thanks for any help.

e46er
12-22-2010, 02:02 AM
I'd level it

The Grizz
12-22-2010, 02:04 AM
Is the tank full of water??

First thing I would do is check the level of the floor around the tank, if it is a good quality laminate it will not compress more then a couple mm. It could be be that the floor is just a little off.

Second double check the joist to insure they are not deflecting by measuring from one end to the other ever couple feet. Make sure that you can measure down to a level surface if your basement floor is not perfectly level.

Third check your stand for level and if it has feet on the corners of it I would shim up the corner that is unlevel.

But I am sure it will be fine the way it is but if you are concerned check and double check until you are happy with it.

Just things I would do because that is just me :lol: