PDA

View Full Version : Field Trial of PRODIBIO Jan 1

fencer
12-21-2010, 08:17 PM
After a year of using UltraLith products, I am going to a field trial of Prodibio products. There is nothing wrong with the Ultralith line, in fact it works very well. As does the Zeovit products. Once you figure out the manuals( in both cases) I had a side tank running Zeo for comparison purposes. Just takes some patience. I went off of UltraLith for a couple of months to see the Ultralith system was real. Well, yes it was and if your on one of these systems don't do it cold turkey. I found all the SPS had immediate withdrawal symptoms via loss of color. All the Seriatopora and Pocci's turned white...like RTN white but they came back.Then it was the monti's. I also had the worst algae bloom ever(thank god for sea hares) and a couple good nitrate spikes. Since I am Ultralith free so to speak and the tank is more or less stable, I have decided to give Prodibio a try. I have heard some good things about the product and want to see for myself.

ALang
12-21-2010, 11:01 PM
Still haven't seem my Hare anywhere. Wondering if the thing is still alive...

fencer
12-21-2010, 11:02 PM
It is still there I see mine occasionally and it is the size of a hardball

reefwars
12-21-2010, 11:26 PM
same with mine hes about the size of a baseball lol:)ive had him for months now lol:):)

christyf5
12-21-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm interested to hear how it compares to the other systems you've tried and look forward to updates :biggrin:

fencer
12-30-2010, 03:57 PM
So this is what came in the mail today. I believe Blue World Aquatics is the only store in Edmonton own carrying the product at this time.

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/fencer07/Prodibio/HPIM1498.jpg

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/fencer07/Prodibio/HPIM1497.jpg

fencer
12-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Dosing Regimen
based on 50 gal / vial
1 vial every 2 weeks( Bio Digest, Iodo+,Stronti+and Bioptim)
Reef Booster is introduced 4 weeks after
Skimmer can be left on except when using Reef booster

The water prams are as they were with Ultra except Ultra use has been discontinued over a month. Any after effects from Ultra should be small if any at all

BlueWorldAquatic
12-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Wayne,

You are correct we do carry the full line in stock. Glad to see a full test, have had many promising results from customers in the past.

And, it's so easy to use!!!!

Ken - bwa

TRS
12-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Wayne, you will love PRODIBIO. THE REEF SHOPPE stocks and uses it in-house too. We have had great success with it as have our customers with new and old reef tanks. A few good noteworthies here are that most of the product needs to be dosed weekly or bi-weekly, no bulky reactors and it cannot be overdosed unlike the zeo. I just wish that we had access to the big ampules for larger systems. Enjoy!!!

fencer
01-01-2011, 03:59 AM
Starts Today.....
I have acquired a few coral colonies from the local stores. These will serve as controls( they haven't had any contact with ultra) during the trial. My tank system basically has 400 l of free water, so it is two vials every 2 weeks. Snapping glass vials with the rubber tube included is not safe enough for me. Just subbed that with something stiffer

Edmonton newbie
01-01-2011, 04:07 AM
im looking forward to hearing bout this too wayne i picked up the reefbooster today at blue world its true about the skimmer keep it off lol. put in one vial into my 50 gal 4 hours ago and if i try to start my skimmer it overflows in about 5 mins

fencer
01-01-2011, 04:16 AM
Here is the link to reef booster product sheet

http://www.prodibio.fr/library/pdf/prod_pdf_enr_11.pdf

Myka
01-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Thanks for sharing Wayne, I will be following along too. I have also been considering the Prodibio line, but I won't start until spring. Thanks for being our Guinea Pig! :p

bignose
01-01-2011, 04:40 PM
How is the cost for the Probdibio products you bought? How long do you expect the vials you have to last? I have seen these in bwa before but never thought much about it.

fencer
01-01-2011, 04:58 PM
I will post final cost in a few months when this the tank is stable with Prodbio.
Right now at the start: based on 400 litre system and 2 week dosing cycle
The retail cost works out to 2.00 / vial
7 vials used each cycle = 14.00

OOPs I used and extra vial of Biodigest....

freezetyle
01-01-2011, 04:59 PM
How is the cost for the Probdibio products you bought? How long do you expect the vials you have to last? I have seen these in bwa before but never thought much about it.

i think the pack with 30 vials runs you about 60 dollars each. one vial of biotipm per 50gal and 1 vial bio digest per 250 gal (i think)every two weeks (old formula, not sure about the new) and a vial of reef booster every week per 100gal. not sure about the stroni and iodine

intarsiabox
01-01-2011, 06:16 PM
AquaDigital posted a dosing chart, looks like 50-100g tanks use 2 vials of BioPtim, Reef Booster, Iodi+ & Stronti+ very 15 days and 1 vial of BiDiget every 15 days for tanks 0-250g. Looks like an interesting and easy to use prouct and can't wait to see some results Wayne!

fencer
01-15-2011, 07:47 AM
Week 2
What I have noticed:
-white film on tank glass is more frequent
-water is clearer
- control corals are starting to color up...but not enough time to determine whether probio is responsible for this
- corals that were colored have maintained their color(mind you they also look better)
-stags growth rate is definitely better
-I haved noticed that the acans have their polyps out more than usual
What was done:
-10% Water and Carbon change 2 days ago
- Ca reactor put back on line after one month of downtime( FYI: never put a deltec pf601 in an place that you can not reach easily)

- will test for nitrates and phosphates on week 4
-reef booster comes on line in week 4

lobsterboy
01-15-2011, 08:30 AM
Hey Wayne,

I was surfing and seen this. Thought you might be interested.

http://reefbuilders.com/2011/01/14/prodibio-low-nutrient-instructions/#more-28781

and

Do you think you will ever try a combo method like Iwan Lasser ?

fencer
02-02-2011, 03:54 PM
As of FEB 1 all water prams are OK( simliar to what I had when I was on Ultra). Although I feel it is more important to have a stable prams rather than prams in a certain range. I introduced Reef Booster ( 2 vials ). It did cloud the system a milk white..sort of like when you put purple up in the tank. I had the skimmer off for 4hrs( the tank was clear by that time). I checked the skimmer cup and it was not excessively foaming. Reef booster mixes very well in water. None of the softies closed up. Notes: The water in the tank is very clear( no yellowish tinge when I had a water change. I notice that the Stags are growing faster and the colors are starting to come out. The control corals( these are not stags)are also responding. I will be changing out lights by the end of Feb.

fencer
02-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the link John. I like the idea of a hybird method like Iwan Lasser's. I think each ulns product lines have some very good products. I have some thoughts on how to combine Zeo and Ultra products in to a very effective UNLS dosing system. John do have any more links to Lasser's? I want to read more about his setup.

Here is another link I found
http://www.coralmagazine-us.com/content/probiotics-demystified

Northernseacorals
02-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Awesome little journal mate, looking forward to keeping track of this one !

Aqua-Digital
02-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Great review :)

Took me a while to realise this was running, but if anyone has any technical questions then let me know.

fencer
02-17-2011, 06:04 PM
FEB 16
This is the 4th cycle of using prodibio. And the second cycle of using reef booster

Things continue to do well in the tank. I have noticed:
1. Growth rates of the sps are noticeable esp with the stags more so than when under ultra or zeo
2. Colors are starting to come out on the browned out SPS...a gemmifera I rescued is responding to prodibio...this Acro did not respond as fast using Ultra
3. The SPS that had colors prior to trial have either maintained their color or have changed color( a deep water that always had white body with blue tips now sports a yellow body) and become more vibrant
4. Polyp extension is more apparent
5. I have seen no outbreaks of flatworm ( this sometimes was accelerated by the addition of certain ultra or zeo products)
6. I am cleaning my glass every two days and water is still clear( based on last water change)
7. pictures are coming...I bought a new stylus....next posting
8. This Prodibio is way easier to use than either Zeo or Ultra

Skimmerking
02-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Fencer so what is it costly you to run this set up?
is it jsut for SPS?
Can this unit run for softies and LPs?
What does it exactly do?
what happens if you suddenly stop?
How much Algae do you need or do you need any?
So for a 250 gal tank-
what would it cost is it monthly or semi monthly
Start up costs too.

Aqua-Digital
02-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Think I am qualified to answer this (I hope ;) )

is it jsut for SPS?
No its for all system corals and inverts including live rock fauna

Can this unit run for softies and LPs?
YES

What does it exactly do?
It is a ULN system so it lowers your nutirents as well as providing increased growth of corals and colouration as well as providing a diverse food source for your whole micro eco system

what happens if you suddenly stop?
In time your nutrients will rise and your tank will go back to pre dosing conditions, no it wont create any crash.

How much Algae do you need or do you need any?
?? None

So for a 250 gal tank-
what would it cost is it monthly or semi monthly
Start up costs too.

each 30amp kit is $59.95 for your size tank you would be dosing every two weeks

1 x Bio Digest
5 x BioPtim (or 1 x gamma size vial)
5 x Reefbooster (or 1 x gamma size vial)
same for stronti plus and Iodi+

Gamma size is $119 for 10 vials.

fencer
02-22-2011, 07:18 PM
On a 100 gal system it comes out to about 30 / month
- you also save money on less frequent water changes...Ultra was once a week
- I have seen no problems with the softies (acans palys) in the system
- did not cause an algae bloom( my system is very seasoned )
-if you have calerupa in in your system if won't cause a die off

cale262
02-22-2011, 07:32 PM
- you also save money on less frequent water changes...Ultra was once a week

What are you doing for WC's with the Prodibio dosing?

fencer
02-27-2011, 08:45 AM
wc 10% every 2 weeks

fencer
02-27-2011, 08:47 AM
Some Photos taken on Feb26 with new stylus..not very good at it yet

http://s496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/fencer07/Prodibio/?albumview=slideshow

here is a sample:

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/fencer07/Prodibio/P2260043.jpg

Notes:
1. If you look at the deep water corals you can see lots of new budding formations. This is true of stags. There is one clear example of this where the stag has multiple buds at the tips.
2. The pictures were shot in 15000k lighting (URL and Pheonix bulbs)
3. All the subtle colouring on the deep waters has come out since using Prodibio

ALang
02-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Holy corals fencer!!
OMG, they are just stunning. Great pics too!!
Now I really want to see the tank in person.:biggrin:
So when is the next tank tour??

And anytime you feel the need to prune, call me!!

cale262
03-06-2011, 05:22 AM
... I had the skimmer off for 4hrs( the tank was clear by that time). I checked the skimmer cup and it was not excessively foaming. ...

I just dosed for the first time today, added all five products and left the skimmer off for 2 hrs. I turned the skimmer back on two hours ago and I have no foam what so ever...almost like when I have skimmer running in vinegar and fresh water to clean it...Is this what you experienced?

:question:

fencer
03-06-2011, 07:40 AM
After 4hrs...there is no foaming. Everything except reef booster you can add with the skimmmer on. I was told to add reefboaster 1 month later at the start. Not sure if you did this

Aqua-Digital
03-06-2011, 12:24 PM
You MUST wait 6 weeks prior to adding Reefbooster, I mention this in all my guides. It is quite an important detail. If you do not have your system at ULN proportions you are just adding very high nutrients before the system has burnt out the bad stuff. Just like other ULN systems, the food sources are only added once the system is on a ULN state.

Reefbooster is heavy in Omega 3 it will shut a skimmer down just as you say.

I dose mine over night and turn the skimmer back on in the morning on low settings until the evening.

If you find the skimmer over skims after this time the system has not absorbed all the nutrients in the ReefBooster so set the skimmer to min flow for 24 hours.

The high benefits of reefbooster is in the visibly high Omega3 content, but your system has to have enough life to soak it up and low enough nutrient loading (why you wait 6 weeks). If you find the skimmer does not come back online as quickly as hoped, dose only half next time.

You are also using a Skimz skimmer that draws a heap load of air so it will likely over skim when it comes back online.

cale262
03-06-2011, 04:23 PM
OK, My mistake. :lol:

I didn't scour the interweb long enough to find, or missed this "important detail". I bought this product and foolishly assumed the included, although ambiguous instructions would be enough. I'm now assuming there are others out there who are not BB savvy who are buying this product with very little info, I went through the PRODIBIO website and couldn't find any more than what was printed on the packaging ...So I ask, would it not be nice to receive some included guideline when purchasing these products, maybe a sticker on the box with a web link...Just saying.

fencer
03-06-2011, 04:27 PM
are you still field testing Skimz?

Aqua-Digital
03-06-2011, 04:37 PM
OK, My mistake. :lol:

I didn't scour the interweb long enough to find, or missed this "important detail". I bought this product and foolishly assumed the included, although ambiguous instructions would be enough. I'm now assuming there are others out there who are not BB savvy who are buying this product with very little info, I went through the PRODIBIO website and couldn't find any more than what was printed on the packaging ...So I ask, would it not be nice to receive some included guideline when purchasing these products, maybe a sticker on the box with a web link...Just saying.

LOL - In my defence

This has been on my forum for months
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70500

And I pm'd you an exact dosing schedule :(

I do agree however ProdiBio should put it on the marketing and not rely on me to inform. I will bring this up with them

cale262
03-06-2011, 05:36 PM
And I pm'd you an exact dosing schedule :(

I do agree however ProdiBio should put it on the marketing and not rely on me to inform. I will bring this up with them

Yes you did, you sent me two sets of instructions,....One for an established system and one for a new system...My mistake, I read them as not to start the reef booster in an established system for 6 week...This system is a 99gal+45gal sump - displacement, 100lbs of new rock, 100lbs of new sand and 50+ pounds of coraline encrusted LR from another one of my systems...

Skimmer is foaming again this morning but she's still al little cloudy

are you still field testing Skimz?

Define "field testing"...
Did I retail purchase a new skimmer that didn't work? yes.
Did the Wholesaler assist me in getting the faulty parts replaced once they were available? yes.
Was there offer of compensation made? yes...

...but that's another story which hasn't drawn to a conclution yet:wink:

Aqua-Digital
03-06-2011, 06:01 PM
If still cloudy then for sure the system was too young for it, give it 24 hours and the water will be sparkling. No damage has been done, no ill effects only corals with full bellies ;)

fencer
03-06-2011, 08:49 PM
I was asking Michael if he was still field trialing the skimz

I do have a well established ULNS....clouding ends in 4 hrs

Aqua-Digital
03-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Oh - me sorry, was not sure if that question was directed at me.

Nope no more field trials required, the range is in full production and the first shipment arrives to me on Tuesday.

Brain had the first batch when we were not aware that the needle wheel was too powerful for 110V pumps, so the needle wheel was changed and Brian was supplied the production final version which I am sure he will testify is rocking his system as is mine, I have the same skimmer on my tank.

fencer
03-18-2011, 07:42 AM
More pictures...the more subtle colors keep coming. The other thing of note is the new growth on the SPS. The only change is new t5 bulbs went on the frag tank. ( All are URI : 4 Actinic White, 2 Indigo Suns, 2 Red Suns) This combination yields more of a afternoon daylight. The previous combination was more blue shifted( 4 actinic and 4 75.25)

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/fencer07/Prodibio/P3160084.jpg

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/fencer07/Prodibio/P3160080.jpg

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/fencer07/Prodibio/P3160077.jpg

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/fencer07/Prodibio/P3160076.jpg

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/fencer07/Prodibio/P3160075.jpg

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/fencer07/Prodibio/P3160093.jpg

MMAX
03-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Corals look good. $30 a month for a 100gal system sounds very reasonable. I was considering going the Zeovit way but this appears to be easier and more cost efficient to use. So the start-up cost for someone looking to try this stuff out would be???

Aqua-Digital
03-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Based on a 200Gal

A 30 vial set of each element is $59.95

There are 5 sets to the system

So lets break that down to be really accurate based on after the first 6 weeks as you di not dose reefbooster until then

Every two weeks -
1 x Biodigest
4 x BioPtim
2 x ReefBooster (reefbooster is strong I advocate 50% dose to begin with and see how your system reacts)
4 x Iodi+
4 x Stronti+

A 30 vial box works out at $2 pretty much a vial

So based on an average 4 week month

Biodigest = $4
Bioptim = $16
Reefbooster = $8 (possible $16 after time)
Iodi+ = $16
Stonti+ = $16

Total cost for month on 200Gal = $60

Works out at about $2.00 a day

For a 100Gal system you can pretty much halve that cost as you only use 2 vials where it states 4 and 1 vial of Reefbooster, the Biodigest stays the same as it is dosed "UP TO" 250Gal

MMAX
03-18-2011, 11:03 PM
Sounds good, I will be using it on a 100gal system. Thanks for all the info. And that was with a 10% water change every 2 weeks?

fencer
03-18-2011, 11:07 PM
yes every 2 weeks

bob the nano
03-19-2011, 03:33 AM
yes every 2 weeks this may have already been asked but do you do a 10% water change every two weeks and then apply your prodibio products after that?

fencer
03-19-2011, 04:00 AM
I do the water change a few days before adding Prodibio.

bob the nano
03-19-2011, 04:12 AM
cool...! I just started prodibio today on my tank and did a 30% water change this afternoon and when I was done and everything was back on I added all the elements in the kit except reefbooster !

fencer
05-07-2011, 07:30 AM
Update May7
It has been about 1 month since the last update:
Here are the changes
1. new lights on tank ( subbed out the actinics for 454 nm t5's)
2. Skimz 202E has been in service for just over one month...noticable difference in water clarity. I used to shut thee skimmer off for 5 hours after adding reef booster but now it is more like 12 hrs

The coral colours are still vibrant but some of the green slimers have lost there colour. This could be due to the recent change to new bulbs resulting in bleaching or lack of iron which is not part of the Prodibio system. I have also had an algae outbreak but it is mostly gone. This is definitely due to the new lights. I still see good growrth in the corals with many new buds on the surface of the arcos. One thing is the deep water arcos are responding better to Prodibio in terms of growth and colour.
I will add more comment later.....................

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/fencer07/Prodibio/my6g.jpg
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/fencer07/Prodibio/my6f.jpg
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/fencer07/Prodibio/my6j.jpg
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/fencer07/Prodibio/my6c.jpg
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/fencer07/Prodibio/my6a.jpg
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/fencer07/Prodibio/my6b.jpg

MMAX
05-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Lookin good. I'll be starting my dosing schedule today or tomorrow, may have to bring my tank journal up to date.

Skimmerking
05-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Amazing love the colors when i was using the fauna my sps colors were crazy, thanks to all the help from Mike in getting me in the right direction. I dont know how he does it.:mrgreen: made my tank sparkle

Bblinks
05-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Hey guys. I was thinking about starting the prodibio system, but I am curious if it could be ran in conjunction with bio pellets?

cale262
05-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Hey guys. I was thinking about starting the prodibio system, but I am curious if it could be ran in conjunction with bio pellets?

I attempted to run the Vertex pellets in the same system as the Prodibio...I won't say for sure if it was the pellets fault but three days after introducing 300ml (aprox) pellets (soaked in rodi for about 72hrs prior) in a TLF reactor I saw a huge algae bloom both on the glass and rock work...I let the pellets run for another 2 weeks as such before removing them. A week after the removal, including a 25% WC and Prodibio dose, the algae was almost gone.

Aquaria
05-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Can you use this system in nanos? 20g with 10g sump

Bblinks
05-07-2011, 08:56 PM
I attempted to run the Vertex pellets in the same system as the Prodibio...I won't say for sure if it was the pellets fault but three days after introducing 300ml (aprox) pellets (soaked in rodi for about 72hrs prior) in a TLF reactor I saw a huge algae bloom both on the glass and rock work...I let the pellets run for another 2 weeks as such before removing them. A week after the removal, including a 25% WC and Prodibio dose, the algae was almost gone.

Thanks for the reply cale262, I had the same experience with pellets when I first started, but month later everything leveled out, all the algae went away, nitrate and phosphate zeroed out. Now I just run a bit of rowa to keep the phosphate at zero. I was told by many other reefers who ran pellets that an algae bloom is a definite for the first couple of weeks, it really takes effect month to a month and a half after it has been running.
I guess I can give it a try and see how it goes. I will report back.

RedCoralOnlineStore
05-07-2011, 10:12 PM

Yes, they have a kit specifically for nanos!:smile:

Nano kit:
http://redcoralaquarium.net/online/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34_170&products_id=1214

freezetyle
05-08-2011, 05:17 AM

i ran them in conjunction. I didn't use any of the trace additives though and i had been running biopellets for a while before hand. I still noticed what others have seen in regards to color enhancement. I still followed the six weeks/dose of biodigest/ biotipm before adding any reefbooster to my system.

dynamite
06-09-2011, 05:35 AM
I was wondering if Prodibio will work for me.. In the past I neglected my aquarium (cuz I travelled twice for a month) And now I'm seeing all the consequences.. :sad: I can't seem to lower my Nitrates... They're around 20-25ppm and my phosphates are at 0.03 (Hanna) I don't have hair algae but I keep getting diatoms mostly on my sandbed and sometimes on my LR... I don't know what to do anymore.. I vacuum my sand once a week and change 15% of the water (RO/DI-0ppm) The tank is in my room and it's quite depressing seeing a nice tank where I've spent lots all brown :cry:

90g Tank - SWC 160 skimmer, No CUC only 4 nassarius and 1 fighting conch.

Fish:
Yellow Tang
Tailspot Blenny
Yasha Goby
Cherub Angel
Black Perc
False Perc

Thanks in advance.

Aqua-Digital
06-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Few things, to help

Get some sand sifters and increase your clean up crew count this will help.

Do a few good sized water changes

Add GFO until you get your P04 below 10ppm

At same time (after water changes) start using ProdiBio BioClean.

After 6 weeks and when PO4 is at 0 start using reefbooster.

dynamite
06-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Few things, to help

Get some sand sifters and increase your clean up crew count this will help.

Do a few good sized water changes

Add GFO until you get your P04 below 10ppm

At same time (after water changes) start using ProdiBio BioClean.

After 6 weeks and when PO4 is at 0 start using reefbooster.

Thanks for the help tho, my phosphates are at 0.03ppm with my hanna metter, or is 0.03ppm a little to high? I'm only having problems
with the nitrates.
What kind of CUC should I get? And what kind of sand sifters? I know nothing
about the CUC and Since I vaccum my sand once a week I'm scared that I'll vacuum out my CUC :D
Do you think my nitrates will affect the CUC? I don't want to buy them and then see them die :neutral:

phi delt reefer
06-09-2011, 03:04 PM
you wont need to vaccum so regularly if you get a fighting conch.

they are the DYSON Vaccums of the CUC world.

google sandsifting gobies for your fish options :)

fencer
08-20-2011, 03:02 PM
I have had a number of requests on not being able to get ProdiBio at the LFS. I have spoken to Aqua Digital

1. Please contact by PM/email Aqua-Digital and inform them which LFS you are buying the product from and they will see that the product get to the LFS
2. There is stock in supply except for the reef kits....but that should be fixed very soon
3. If you can get the product at all I am sure Aqua Digital can help you out.
or post in the forum about your concerns

Aqua-Digital
08-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Thanks Wayne,

Yes as said above there is absolute no reason why any LFS should not have stock the only shortage has been on the "starter" reef kits but this comes back in mid next week finally after 6 weeks.

So feel free to pm or email where you are having trouble with supply and we will rectify this. and if you need to fast i will personally arrange to get it to you via your LFS directly from us drop shipped.

ALang
08-20-2011, 11:41 PM
Saw them avail at Red Coral Edmonton...just this morning.

Aqua-Digital
08-21-2011, 12:10 AM
Steve is a big stockist of ProdiBio we a re proud to have RC ED as a key supplier.

Myka
08-21-2011, 07:24 PM

They have a Nano kit that includes the reef booster, iodine, and strontium which I personally don't want to use. I only want to use the Bioptim and Biodigest neither of which can be overdosed so I just use the regular vials, and they are the same price anyway! I have seen pictures of a BioClean Nano kit, but haven't seen them in stock anywhere.

Aqua-Digital
08-21-2011, 08:02 PM
yep this is true, we do not stock the nano seperate supplements as it simply is a false economy, instead adjust your dosing to once every 20 days instead of once every 14 days.

The nano bio reef kits are available however.

fencer
08-25-2011, 02:05 AM
Here are some random shots
-The one thng I did change was when it came to carbon/gfo changes they were done a week ahead/after the additiion of Prodibio
-skimmer and carbon pumps are turned off for 12 hrs after the addition of Prodibio
- I am considering water changes from 10% to 15% every two weeks
- I am increasing the size of the frag tank so I will be increasing to dosage of bacteria to 2 vials

This was Flash's brown coral
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/fencer07/Prodibio/P8230040a.jpg

This is the frag offered as a prize in the 1st Annual Reefers Pie Contest
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/fencer07/Prodibio/P8230006a.jpg

Note the growth at the top of this stag. It is close to the surface and is in direct path of a hydor current
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/fencer07/Prodibio/P8230020a.jpg

This is for Myka...it is usually powder blue
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/fencer07/Prodibio/P8230027a.jpg
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/fencer07/Prodibio/my6g.jpg
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr330/fencer07/Prodibio/P8230039a.jpg

ALang
08-25-2011, 03:19 AM
Darned it!!
WHY didn't I learn to bake??

But Fencer, you're going to bring along a few Hostess' Gifts, right???

kam
08-25-2011, 04:17 PM
How would I use this if I only have a small amount of coral now and want to go to a full out reef tank in the future. I dont want to do this the wrong way as Ive seen too much money and lives(coral) lost when people just throw 394839 corals in at once.

At the moment im down to a leather.. green star polyps and kenyaii. 125g tank with AquaLight Pros 72" 150W... got the lights for free.

Aqua-Digital
08-25-2011, 04:28 PM
It is impossible to overdose prodibio, so start as your would with any system

1 vial for every 50 gal of water every two weeks other than bio digest which is one vial per every 250 gal

kam
08-25-2011, 04:50 PM
Should I run this for a few weeks before adding anything?
Skimmer always be turned off for the dosing for 6-12hrs?

Aqua-Digital
08-25-2011, 04:53 PM
This depends on yoru current nutrient load

PO4
NO3

also you need to make sure your mineral levels are correct

DKH - 7-8
MG - 1280 -1350
Ca - 380 - 430

But my concern is you said you had lost a lot of sps, if this was due to a pathogen then Prodi will not stop the same pathogen coming back for a second course.

kam
09-01-2011, 10:48 PM
It was not I that had lost a lot of SPS.. I lost a gonapora

Proteus
11-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Have been using bioptim for 6 weeks and just started with reef booster. I am also using herbtana due to a finicky powder blue tang. Does anybody see a conflict in these products or should I continoue with the regular regiments as per normal

Aqua-Digital
11-25-2011, 05:57 PM
no issue at all

Aqua-Digital
11-27-2011, 03:34 PM
ProdiBio fuelled colour explosion in my tank :)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i159/monitors-direct/IMG_7051.jpg

mseepman
12-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Any new news on this trial of Prodibio?

fencer
12-29-2011, 05:10 PM
I had to stopped the trial for a short period just to see what would happen and will be starting again shortly.

mseepman
12-30-2011, 04:34 PM
So when did you stop and what has happened? Anything bad? I remember that your corals went into a little shock after you stopped Fauna.

fencer
12-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Yes, stopping caused the most wonderful algae bloom stuff that covers corals and then accelerated grape caluerpa growth....nitrate spiked...it made the birdsnest and monti very sensitive I lost most of the birdnest

mseepman
12-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Ouch...I guess the lesson is that to stop means to "wean" off maybe rather than go cold turkey.