PDA

View Full Version : Super-old tank thread...

Quinn
12-17-2003, 06:56 PM
This is interesting... just goes to show how complex this hobby really is...

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=284686&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Chad
12-17-2003, 07:26 PM
I was reading that earlier.. I wish he had some large photo shots of his tank. Before and after the clean up.. sounds amazing.. so surprised it lasted that long.. but those UG filters are pretty good at that sort of thing.

Chad

Bob I
12-18-2003, 01:20 AM
Maybe after reading that, I can get a vote or two for my more or less natural methods (if one can call them methods) :question:

StirCrazy
12-18-2003, 01:46 AM
Maybe after reading that, I can get a vote or two for my more or less natural methods (if one can call them methods) :question:

hmm so now that your skimming and getting MH that is natural now? :mrgreen:

Steve

Aquattro
12-18-2003, 01:54 AM

Steve

Don't forget the PAR meter!!!

Bob I
12-18-2003, 02:30 AM

Steve

We have to be fair here. I only skim in my 15, because I don't want to be accused of not giving my BTA the best care, and the MH has so far run only one day before being shut off in favor of PC's :mrgreen: :biggrin: :rolleyes:

monza
12-18-2003, 04:58 AM
That's totally amazing, thanks for posting that teevee. I like at one point he sort of just started adding salt.

Dave

Quinn
12-18-2003, 05:23 AM
I think the thing that is evidenced here is that there are many factors involved in a successful tank and therefore many ways to be successful. I think the main thing with his tank is the stability of parameters. It's kinda like an old car, you don't fix what breaks because you figure it's part of the natural order of things and as soon as you do, everything will start going wrong. Also I don't know much about undergravel filters but I bet they're a lot less finicky than current filtration methods and therefore he has more room to play there. He's a Vietnam vet and a tradesman and therefore I'm going to conclude he smokes pot which would add a sort of karma variable in there perhaps. :mrgreen:

Bob I
12-18-2003, 03:59 PM
He's a Vietnam vet and a tradesman and therefore I'm going to conclude he smokes pot which would add a sort of karma variable in there perhaps. :mrgreen:

Hmmm, conclusions based on absolutely no evidence. Something similar to "University students smoke pot" Hence you obviously smoke pot. :biggrin:

And I as a tradesman don't smoke pot only because them wretched pot smoking University students won't give ma any :rolleyes: