PDA

View Full Version : Plate Coral Question

TAZ
12-17-2003, 05:23 PM
Morning all,

Over the weekend I picked up a Plate Coral (long tentacles). For the first couple days everything has looked good. This morning when I looked at the tank, a section of this coral has really inflated a lot (at least 2 times bigger than normal). As it is only in one section of this coral, I have no idea what is going on. I was wondering if anyone else has ever seen this? Is this normal for this coral, or is there something wrong with it? I did a round of water tests this morning and everything looks great.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Martin

mnoll406
12-17-2003, 07:57 PM
Hey Martin,
Not sure what that is, is the coral directly on the substrate? I know they don't like to be on rocks. Just read something in the Calfo book stating that heliofungia actually moves around at a decent rate, maybe that's what it's doing.

Mike

TAZ
12-17-2003, 09:45 PM
the coral is sitting directly on the sand, and is not blocked by anything so can move around if it want's to.

psuedo
12-17-2003, 11:03 PM
I have one, and it does that all the time. It is just moving around. Word of caution though, box him in with rock, as they love to move around

TAZ
12-17-2003, 11:36 PM
thanks for help guys, glad to hear there is nothing wrong with him. I will box him in with some rock tonight so that he does not move. One other question, I currently have it directly under my 250W. Do they prefer a lot of light or should I move it so that it's not directly under it?