PDA

View Full Version : Acans placement in my tank.

ALang
12-19-2010, 04:10 PM
I was wondering if acans are ok to be placed touching each other?
I have 250W and I don't want to burm them. Should I acclamate them to my lights slowly, or are they ok directly under 250W, on the bottom 3rd of my tank?
Right now they are in dappled shade.

whatcaneyedo
12-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Yes they can touch each other. To be safe its always best to gradually ease coral into more intense light so as not to shock them.

chris88
12-19-2010, 08:14 PM
I have seen them fight and kill each other. Keep them on the sandbed and feed them to help their health and growth.

Nebthet
12-19-2010, 09:33 PM
If they are all acan lords they can touch each other.. Those are the super puffy ones, but if they are acan echinatas, they cannot touch any other coral, even acan lords without killing them.

I would suggest placement on the sand bed and grandually move where you want them.

ALang
12-20-2010, 03:29 PM
Thanks for advice, I'll be keeping an eye on the touching, then.:lol:

ElGuappo
12-20-2010, 08:34 PM
i put my acans under mt 250w mh and they totally bleached on me ... now they are in the shade and doing better.... just my two cents..

ALang
12-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Oh, OK then. I'll move them under a shelf and will be keeping an eye on them. Some pesky fish/ snails have been trying to bury them and turning them over. Must be my dragon goby.

Cranky When Wet
12-27-2010, 09:12 PM
I have seen them fight and kill each other. Keep them on the sandbed and feed them to help their health and growth.

I never let Aussie Acans touch Indoneasian Acans. Mine fought and Indonesian ones lost... bummer. Leaving a lot of space between them is likely a very good idea.

I'm slowly learning my tank inhabitants seem to prefer being with others from similar locations... seems to make sense to me... but then again if a tank is large enough, that may never be a problem (unless a critter moves around a lot or has verrrry long reach) :-)

Re: sand placement... my Aussies don't seem to like having sand kicked in their faces.... seriously.

The Bunny