PDA

View Full Version : Aquasafe RODI instructions?

Seth
12-17-2003, 05:30 AM
Hi

For all those who have an aquasafe RODI
I just received my unit today but it didn't come with any instructions

I was just wondering if it's suppose to come with any kind of manual?

Thanks

Chad
12-17-2003, 05:48 AM
Hi

For all those who have an aquasafe RODI
I just received my unit today but it didn't come with any instructions

I was just wondering if it's suppose to come with any kind of manual?

Thanks

Ya it should... just call him tho.. he can walk you through it.. I am scanning in my manual and PM'ing you.

Chad

Seth
12-17-2003, 06:10 AM
Thanks a lot Chad!

I have put it together but I dunno if I put together the right way.
It's pretty weird. I got the TDS meter from them also. My tap water is 15ppm while my RODI water is like 11-12ppm.

Seems like not much improvement or I'm doing this wrong.

Canadian Man
12-17-2003, 04:52 PM
Hey Seth,
I got my unit on monday and it lacked instructions as well. I just sent Ivan an email and he emailed me the instruciton manual in word format.

Sounds like you have your tds moniter hooked up incorrect. I installed mine on the intake water line and the output line after the final carbon chamber. I am going to install it after the di chamber and before the final carbon chamber tonight.

Seth
12-17-2003, 09:02 PM
Hmmm it went down to 3ppm today but still not zero.

My tap water goes into the "in" place and out the "out" whole then it goes to the RO which goes to 2 places, the DI and the drain. The DI then goes to the taste filter which then becomes purified water.

I hope I got that right.

Chad
12-17-2003, 09:26 PM
Hmmm it went down to 3ppm today but still not zero.

My tap water goes into the "in" place and out the "out" whole then it goes to the RO which goes to 2 places, the DI and the drain. The DI then goes to the taste filter which then becomes purified water.

I hope I got that right.

You will not necessarily get 0 ppm... you may only get 3 ppm... Which is still good.

Chad

Canadian Man
12-17-2003, 10:11 PM
After the Di cartride you should be getting 0ppm. The di should take everything out that the RO unit didn't. If your taking the reading after the "final taste"cartridge it may put more TDS's back into the water OR your TDS meter may need to be adjusted/recalibrated.

There is a screw on the back to do that.

Chad
12-17-2003, 10:20 PM
After the Di cartride you should be getting 0ppm. The di should take everything out that the RO unit didn't. If your taking the reading after the "final taste"cartridge it may put more TDS's back into the water OR your TDS meter may need to be adjusted/recalibrated.

There is a screw on the back to do that.

Depending on your source water you can get a few ppm after the DI. It all depends how bad the water is.

Chad

Canadian Man
12-17-2003, 11:22 PM
Yes but he is saying his tap water is 15 ppm which is extremely low. He should be getting almost 0 after his ro.

My tap water is 225 to 275 before the unit and 0 after the DI.

pocilipora
12-17-2003, 11:24 PM
Do you have the product water and the waste water lines, backwards?

Seth
12-17-2003, 11:30 PM
dont think so
my waste line measures around 35-45ppm

Lemme go try again now

Seth
12-17-2003, 11:37 PM
Hmm just tested it again.

The water went to 80ppm then now dropped to 15ppm.....
which is totally weird.
isn't it suppose to work right away...

Chad
12-17-2003, 11:51 PM
Hmm just tested it again.

The water went to 80ppm then now dropped to 15ppm.....
which is totally weird.
isn't it suppose to work right away...

Do you have the Reef one or the full setup?

Chad

Chad
12-17-2003, 11:53 PM
You can always come by my house and see my setup.. or I could drop by and take a look..

Chad

ree-fready
12-18-2003, 02:36 AM
did you break the system in by letting it run for an hour or so. there is stuff in there that needs to be washed off before you drink or add to your tank. i got mine over a month ago and mine still reads zero and the tap was up around sixty.

Seth
12-18-2003, 10:23 AM
How fast is water suppose to be running out of the purified water side?

Today, I tried inserting the RO in the other side.
Before, my water was at a very slow dripping speed.
Now, it comes out very fast.

So which side would be right?
After switchiing is around, it seems to work better...

StirCrazy
12-18-2003, 01:10 PM
very slow.

I don;t know how big of a unit you got but say you got a 100 gal per day membrain that is only 0.07 gal per minuit so just a trickel.

Steve

Seth
12-19-2003, 04:02 AM
can anyone tell me which side the RO membrane goes in first?

The first with the rubber o rings or the side with 2 holes.

thanks

props
12-19-2003, 04:10 AM
dood check it out on ebay
they have pics of it
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2366972144&category=20684

BCOrchidGuy
12-19-2003, 04:29 AM
I totally agree with Canadian man, our local water is not that bad and even if it is, an R/O unit should remove about 90%-97% of the contaminants. The DI unit removes 99%, that's why you use the R/O unit though to save the DI resins, even if your water is totally crap the R/O DI unit should leave you with <1 ppm TDS. Membrane life and DI resin life is dependant on water source contaminants (assuming your filtering out the chlorine). If you live in the middle of no where, where you're on a well with tons of calcium etc in the water your membranes will need replacing more often than if you live on the wet coast of Canada where our water is super soft.

My opinion is that the membrane must be installed wrong. I had one of the Kent units and the membrane was a stinking tight fit, to tight actually to push in by hand, once I screwed the top on though it worked like a dream.

Doug

Chad
12-19-2003, 04:59 AM
can anyone tell me which side the RO membrane goes in first?

The first with the rubber o rings or the side with 2 holes.

thanks

It only goes in one way.. and if you try to take it out now.. good luck.. they swell up quite a bit.. you may not be able to get it out. I am trying to remember what mine looked like, I believe there was a side with a protuberance (ohh big word for the day) it should have two "O" rings on it I believe.. that end goes in first.. flat end at the end of the tube.

Chad