PDA

View Full Version : Aquamedic Reef Doser Schedule?

fwksfinale
12-18-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm switching over to the A / B dosing with the Kent Marine Product and have a Aquamedic Reef Doser that I would like to use. I understand A and B need to be added apart with a delay inbetween, but with the whole cycle vs actual time thing there would be times in which they would be added at the same time?? is that a problem or is there a work around?

This seems to be one of the problems with the Aquamedic, but what would a A / B schedule look like with an Aquamedic or a sched that has been working for you guys.

Thanks for your help in advance.

e46er
12-18-2010, 11:08 PM
I set mine up so they run for 26 sec every 2 hrs alternating an hour
So calcium runs for 26 sec @ midnight 2 am 4 am ect
All runs for 26 sec @ 1 am 3 am 5 am ect
The time it runs for will be different for your tank. As your demand will be different and I use different products for dosing
I figure every 2 hrs wil keep cal/alk levels constant enough for me
Of course you could run them for 13 sec every hour alternating by 1/2 hr

fwksfinale
12-18-2010, 11:20 PM
I set mine up so they run for 26 sec every 2 hrs alternating an hour
So calcium runs for 26 sec @ midnight 2 am 4 am ect
All runs for 26 sec @ 1 am 3 am 5 am ect
The time it runs for will be different for your tank. As your demand will be different and I use different products for dosing
I figure every 2 hrs wil keep cal/alk levels constant enough for me
Of course you could run them for 13 sec every hour alternating by 1/2 hr

Thanks,
How did you get the aquamedic programmed to start "pump 2" at 1am? Instructions are a little thin that they send with the unit and I can't seem to figure out the delay to get the alternating thing.

e46er
12-18-2010, 11:35 PM
I set pump 1 up and then 1 hr later set up pump 2 pain in ass but not as bad as daily dosing was

fwksfinale
12-18-2010, 11:55 PM
I am on the right page then, i was testing that as you posted.
Thanks