PDA

View Full Version : Adios!

little_c
12-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Opportunity is a mistress that knocks but once.

Knock-no one here-moving on

Well, I finally got my door open fast enough and that means I’m moving on. Elite will remain, but operate sans me. Danny has plans for it, and it should mean exciting things for the aquatic industry in the city, and the south end in particular.

I want to thank everyone for a fantastic experience. I can’t believe it’s been five years already. So much has happened, yet painting those walls seems as yesterday’s task. I’ve met so many incredible individuals along the way. Not just interesting aquarists, but fascinating people, and I am honored to count myself as friend to many of them. To you: my sincere thanks and gratitude. The challenges, company, and insight you brought to my business were exactly why I started this venture. It was my pleasure to have you as my guests.

To anyone I ****ed off or didn’t like me: If I didn’t care then, chances are good I don’t now. Best to you though.

Thank you to Danny. Daniel has been a fantastic partner and a very calming influence. Without him I’d probably be hanging from the rafters long ago.

A big thanks in particular to Evan. Evan has been one of the best staff I’ve ever worked with, and really brought a lot to the shop. He was always great the guests in person, and handled things well online. Thanks for the energy, brains, and good spirits, Evan, there’s a great future ahead of you in anything you choose to do.

[...]

There is no vocabulary to convey the difference between being a hobbyist, working in a shop, and then sitting in the driver’s seat of an owner. It’s been an experience that has hammered my candyass into a person forged of stronger stuffs; and I am grateful for it. Hands down this has been the most complex project I’ve ever undertaken to date, and I’ve succeeded on many of my objectives within it. For the ones that didn’t work out so well… there’s next time to get it right. If anyone wants to ever try it, go for it. Its fun!

To everyone, your families and loved ones, and to your watery friends… my best to you. I hope you get everything you want, and want everything you get. Be well, play nice, and smile. It’s a sublime art we do, and it should bring out the best in us.

With a cowfish under my arm, I’m off to chase a dream.

Thanks, guys. Merry Christmas.

colby

P.S.: !!!! FREE !!!! There are three princess cats at the shop if anyone knows someone who can handle them. They’re big (18”) and great for anyone keeping arowana or the like. These guys really need a good home. Before anyone yells at me for having them, they got ditched on me… so there. Give Danny a shout at Wai’s if you want them.

Seamazter
12-16-2010, 04:07 PM
Good luck in your travels, Enjoy life, The community will miss you.

fishoholic
12-16-2010, 04:54 PM
I meet you last summer with Doug, it was nice metting you. Best of luck to you and I have to say I love that cowfish that you had at the store, glad you're taking it with you.

saltcreep
12-16-2010, 05:57 PM
Good luck in your future endeavours. It's been slice dealing with you in the past.

Kyle

kien
12-16-2010, 06:36 PM
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

globaldesigns
12-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Glad you had fun!!! Life goes on...

lorenz0
12-16-2010, 06:55 PM
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

ha ha awesome

best to you on your new venture

mseepman
12-17-2010, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the help with the tank...best of luck in your new adventure.

Duffer2
12-17-2010, 12:55 AM
Good luck, that's for the great tank, and all the best.

amoreira
12-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Best of luck to you Colby and I hope you're taking your Tarantula with you.

Namnuta
12-21-2010, 05:06 PM
I stopped in Elite before i read this thread. Was kinda shocked to say the least.

Sry to see you go Colby. But life has other plans for you. Good luck in all your future endeavors.

Cheers Bro

FYI this is Cam (Porsche Guy :) )