PDA

View Full Version : Finally done (mostly)

Aquattro
12-15-2010, 12:31 AM
Transfer is complete, all went well.

here's a crappy shot, I have to reinstall PS to edit the blue out. Tank is still a bit cloudy, but this is the beginning.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/reef_raf/DSC_1897_crop.jpg

Lance
12-15-2010, 12:33 AM
Aside from the blueness, it looks good. I like the 'scaping. A fair amount of rock and yet lots of swimming area.

Aquattro
12-15-2010, 12:53 AM
Lance, I guesstimate about 90 or 100 pounds of rock. Nice and open, but still lots of room for mounting frags.

Lance
12-15-2010, 01:27 AM
Lance, I guesstimate about 90 or 100 pounds of rock. Nice and open, but still lots of room for mounting frags.

Oh yeah, it's going to take awhile to fill all those nice fragging spots. I see you got the Pyramids. How are they doing?

Zoaelite
12-15-2010, 01:36 AM
Great aquascaping Brad, those islands ended up turning our really nicely. Should make for an outstanding SPS tank, any idea on a final stocking list yet?

lastlight
12-15-2010, 02:51 AM
Agree about the balance between swimming and coral space that's going to turn out nice.

christyf5
12-15-2010, 03:17 AM
Looking sweet Brad! Didn't you learn anything from the last clownfish you had in the 150? :razz:

Aquattro
12-15-2010, 03:31 AM
Looking sweet Brad! Didn't you learn anything from the last clownfish you had in the 150? :razz:

That was a tomato, and yes, I will never have one of those again!! Stupid fish, I hated that thing.

Aquattro
12-15-2010, 03:33 AM
I see you got the Pyramids. How are they doing?

Lance, they're doing fairly well, a bit shook up over the move, but were eating tonight. They are a bit thin, so I need to really plump them up. They eat well, so hopefully I can get them the variety they need to fill out.

Aquattro
12-15-2010, 03:35 AM
Great aquascaping Brad, those islands ended up turning our really nicely. Should make for an outstanding SPS tank, any idea on a final stocking list yet?

Thanks. No idea on final fish list yet, but I may have a Naso coming when she gets herself caught, and my GF wants some red fish :)
I have five Pyramids, so they'll hopefully be the fish centre piece..

Corals will be mostly SPS, although I have a torch and a hammer, and may add a few more LPS for movement.

Delphinus
12-15-2010, 05:57 AM
Looks nice. You make me want to redo all my aquascaping though, so, I hate you. Er, I mean .. it looks nice.

Notice you're using Suregrip magnets to mount the Tunzes. How come not the Tunze magnets themselves? Do you find that they give you more degrees of freedom for aiming?

Aquattro
12-15-2010, 06:08 AM
Notice you're using Suregrip magnets to mount the Tunzes. How come not the Tunze magnets themselves? Do you find that they give you more degrees of freedom for aiming?

I like them more because they're smaller, while still strong enough. One of them has come apart over two years' use, but the dry/wet sides are interchangeable, so I should get another 2 years out of it.

Delphinus
12-15-2010, 06:22 AM
What model Tunzes are those? Planning anything else for flow or will that be good enough you figure?

Aquattro
12-15-2010, 06:27 AM
They're both 6100s on a 7095 controller. Combined with the return pump (outlet each side of the overflow), I figure it's enough until growth gets more full. It's the same set up I used in my 150 with good results.

muck
12-15-2010, 03:07 PM
Looks great Brad!!

cuz
12-15-2010, 06:41 PM
How did you transfer everything? Match your waters and transfer or start from scratch and cycle the new tank?

Aquattro
12-15-2010, 07:17 PM
How did you transfer everything? Match your waters and transfer or start from scratch and cycle the new tank?

Started from scratch, with used rock I had cooking for 4 or 6 weeks. All new water in tank, emptied old sump into new sump. Due to clam spawn, I had to transfer quicker than I planned. I used about 30 pounds existing rock in the sump, the temp was pretty close, so I just moved everything over.
I did notice the fish not doing well last night, probably due to pH shock. I don't have a meter, but old tank with no skimmer and 3 clams spawning the day before, the pH was probably 7.9, tops. New tank, all new water, more O2, pH was probably 8.2. Bad move for fish. On a good note, they're all back to normal this morning and doing great.

Delphinus
12-15-2010, 07:25 PM
That's good to hear. I'm in a similar situation, the old tanks have completely bonked and it's time to move critters over to the new tank but seeing as it's ALL new rock and 80% of it was dry I figure the cycle will take some time yet before it's ready to move fish over. Won't be transfering any rock from the existing tank for a couple reasons (one being the eel and butterflies will be staying behind for now) so I'm concerned about moving everyone else over and the tank not being ready to accept the bioload.

Jason McK
12-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Looks Great Brad. Now you'll have room to grow some monster pieces

J

Ryan Joel Smith
12-16-2010, 05:56 AM
That tank looks great. What are the dimensions?

Aquattro
12-16-2010, 06:13 AM
That tank looks great. What are the dimensions?

Thanks. It's 72x24x24. Hope to have some better pics up later this week..

Aquattro
12-26-2010, 09:26 PM
Ok, here's a better shot...

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/reef_raf/FTS_12_10.jpg

PoonTang
12-26-2010, 10:12 PM
:thumb:

Skimmerking
12-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Well I guess it looks ok Brad, for now:razz:

Ya OK I LIKE IT

Jason McK
12-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Looks Great Brad

Delphinus
12-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Looks fantastic.

Lance
12-26-2010, 10:37 PM
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Borderjumper
12-26-2010, 10:41 PM
You did good Brad.. She does own the tank :)

Aquattro
12-26-2010, 11:25 PM
You did good Brad.. She does own the tank :)

Yes she does! I even made a special grocery trip for her today for PE mysis and a bigger assortment of seaweed :)

Borderjumper
12-27-2010, 12:03 AM
The lps in the middle of the tank is an Aussie favia, to the left of it back is an acan rotunda flora, in front of the acan is an Aussie green maze brain, and to the left of the green cap is a blasto merletti

christyf5
12-27-2010, 12:05 AM
Looks great Brad, now we need some closeups :wink: Looks like you've got some great corals in there. Come visit, I have a small colony of tenuis and pink with green polyp pocillipora for you as well as frags of whatever you need :biggrin:

Aquattro
12-27-2010, 12:08 AM
Come visit, I have a small colony of tenuis and pink with green polyp pocillipora for you as well as frags of whatever you need :biggrin:

Hmm, I just happened to be browsing in your tank thread last night :) I'm probably going to have to remove some of my less awesome pieces after Shelley's recent donation to the project. Tank has been running about 2 weeks and I'm already just about out of room!! sheesh :)

Aquattro
12-27-2010, 12:10 AM
The lps in the middle of the tank is an Aussie favia, to the left of it back is an acan rotunda flora, in front of the acan is an Aussie green maze brain, and to the left of the green cap is a blasto merletti

Thanks, just added to my shopping list (**FYI, these are just guests in my tank until Shelley gets organized)

MitchM
12-27-2010, 12:18 AM
The colours really stand out with the black background and the white sand.:first:

Mitch

Aquattro
12-27-2010, 12:40 AM
The colours really stand out with the black background and the white sand.:first:

Mitch

Ya, and the back glass is still hazy from the sand and initial algae growth. I'll clean it thoroughly when the canopy comes off later this week.

StirCrazy
12-27-2010, 04:28 PM
wheres the FTS, not just the water shot, I wanna see the stand, plumbing and everything :mrgreen:

Steve

Aquattro
12-27-2010, 04:34 PM
wheres the FTS, not just the water shot, I wanna see the stand, plumbing and everything :mrgreen:

Steve

As we discussed earlier, shutup!! :) I might make up some cardboard doors just for you!!

Dez
12-27-2010, 06:01 PM
I really like the general look of your tank. I love the scape, the coral placement, the contrast.... Can't wait to see when everything grows in. Just leave it and don't touch anything and let it grow. Your fun has definitely begun.

Aquattro
12-27-2010, 07:39 PM
I really like the general look of your tank. I love the scape, the coral placement, the contrast.... Can't wait to see when everything grows in. Just leave it and don't touch anything and let it grow. Your fun has definitely begun.

Thanks Dez, I have a few more pieces to mount, and a few of the LPS are just boarding (but will be replaced with similar pieces). Other than that, just keep it watered and hope it grows out :)

StirCrazy
12-28-2010, 12:41 AM
As we discussed earlier, shutup!! :) I might make up some cardboard doors just for you!!

well you do realize that if you had a big picture showing where the tank is and how close to stuf it is I think I am familier enough with the layout of your house I can recomend some venting options, but with no pictures.....

I won't bug you about unfinnished stand yet.. hasn't been set up for a year yet :mrgreen:

Steve