PDA

View Full Version : shipping

trevor
12-16-2003, 12:14 AM
i was just wondering if anyone knows of any american sites that will ship fish into canada. have been trying to deal with jl but there satisfaction has got to sh!! since the new store has opened. can not even get an email reply when after sending them one.

BCOrchidGuy
12-16-2003, 01:12 AM
Trevor, I've tried it with Bettas (the fish) and it's super expensive. If there is anyway you can open a PO box in the US and then drive down to pick the stuff up in person that's the way to do it.

You're costs in shipping will go past the shipping, you'll get bills from customs brokers and you may have to pay fish and wildlife fee's which are expensive. J&L is really busy right now with the new store, they have a ton of work to do getting finished, but I understand your frustration.

Why not try sending them an email once more and just tell them that you're not pleased with their customer service. I was in a couple weeks ago and they were telling me that all the good stuff they get in goes right out on mail order. The LFS I deal with has been having trouble getting corals etc, perhaps they don't have much selection at this time.

Doug

Aquattro
12-16-2003, 02:07 AM
They also have a toll free number, so maybe calling them might yield better results.