PDA

View Full Version : New Tank

windcoast reefs
12-12-2010, 04:45 AM
Hey everyone,
Started up my first saltwater reef tank in late september, and I am just starting to get some frags in the tank. But lately after I put some more powerful power heads in I noticed that there is tons of little bubbles. Is this normal for a small tank or is it something I should be looking into more before I introduce anything. All of my snails, crabs and polyps seem to be doing fine and my levels are fine.

Thanks for any help!

daniella3d
12-12-2010, 12:25 PM
tons of micro bubble? are you sure it,s not coming from your skimmer? Pumps should not produce any micro bubble unless they are sucking air somewhere like being too close to the surface. My pumps don't produce any bubble at all, but my skimmer does of course, because it's the nature of the skimmer.

Hey everyone,
Started up my first saltwater reef tank in late september, and I am just starting to get some frags in the tank. But lately after I put some more powerful power heads in I noticed that there is tons of little bubbles. Is this normal for a small tank or is it something I should be looking into more before I introduce anything. All of my snails, crabs and polyps seem to be doing fine and my levels are fine.

Thanks for any help!

tgrover
12-12-2010, 04:13 PM
I thought it was my added powerhead as well but it was my skimmer. I just turned it down a bit. That said the skimmer does aerate the water a little bit.

One thing to watch for. I added that second powerhead and my coral immediately started to look pouty>>>?? I'm sure it was the added flow. I removed the old one and everything is flourishing.

windcoast reefs
12-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Thanks everyone!
I turned down the protein skimmer and it seemed to solve the problem.

Thanks again