PDA

View Full Version : FS: palau nepthea coral

zion-aquatics
12-09-2010, 07:43 PM
i have a large frag of the palau nepthea , people say its extinct in the wild, its the nicest softie you will ever have , polyps pulse on it and it GLOWS green even under day lights
best offer or will trade for some nice zoas

BC564
12-09-2010, 07:51 PM
I would love to get some of that............are you willing to ship it.....do we know if they do well in shipping?

zion-aquatics
12-10-2010, 01:36 AM
I would love to get some of that............are you willing to ship it.....do we know if they do well in shipping?

its a very hardy coral so i think it would do well in shipping ofcourse i would have to use a heat pack and a styro box but i think it would be fine

canadianbigkat
12-10-2010, 02:35 AM
Pm'd

Myka
12-11-2010, 12:00 AM
What does that coral look like with the polyps open? Nephthea don't pulse. It does not appear to be a True Palau Nephthea.

This is a True Palau Nephthea:
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/Myka82/Nov14201016.jpg

zion-aquatics
12-11-2010, 12:32 AM
What does that coral look like with the polyps open? Nephthea don't pulse. It does not appear to be a True Palau Nephthea.

This is a True Palau Nephthea:
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/Myka82/Nov14201016.jpg

my mother looks like that expect thichker stocks AND MUCH MUCH brighter yours looks very bleached and more like a sinularia that happens quite often people are sold a green sinularia which is very common as a nepthea true neptheas glow that picture you posted doesn't look much like it , mine is a MUCH brighter green and when i say pulse the polyps close grabbing food etc , my original frag came from Atlantis aquariums in the states and i assure its the realdeal i think you are misinformed the pic was taken from above and with a cell phone so hard to see it that well

Myka
12-11-2010, 12:50 AM
my mother looks like that expect thichker stocks AND MUCH MUCH brighter yours looks very bleached and more like a sinularia that happens quite often people are sold a green sinularia which is very common as a nepthea true neptheas glow that picture you posted doesn't look much like it , mine is a MUCH brighter green and when i say pulse the polyps close grabbing food etc , my original frag came from Atlantis aquariums in the states and i assure its the realdeal i think you are misinformed the pic was taken from above and with a cell phone so hard to see it that well

:lol: Hehe...mine is no Sinularia, I'm quite aware of the differences. The photo isn't very good, just like yours isn't, but yours doesn't look right at all. Maybe you should post a photo of the mother colony? Or least of the frags with the polyps open? I could be wrong about yours just because your photos aren't very good. I've been wrong once before. ;)

My Nephthea isn't bleached. My camera makes everything looked bleached when the halides are on. Even my neon green Trumpet Coral looks yellow when photographed. Not sure why. Maybe white balance?

oupulino
09-17-2011, 04:00 AM
I can trade you Neon Green Palau Nepthea for mine Nuclear Green and Purple Dead palys or Watermelon zoas.