PDA

View Full Version : F/S Tessalata Moray Eel

mikec
12-08-2010, 11:50 PM
Sold

Hi,

I have a beautiful (Gymnothorax favagineus) Tessalata Moray Eel for sale.
It is approx. 20 inches and very healthy. Would trade for nice maxima clam or 80.00
Take care

dunl
12-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Ignore my PM. I looked into these, and do not have the room to care for one properly.

paddyob
12-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Tessellata Moray Eel

Scientific Name Gymnothorax favagineus
Reef Compatible With Caution
Care Level Beginner
Disposition Aggressive
Min. Tank Size 125 gallons
Mature Size 118 inches
Diet Carnivore
Range Sri Lanka
Size Class
view chart

Curator's Note
Eels can be a challenge to keep due to their ability to escape aquariums. Keep a tight fitting lid or light diffuser panel on the tank. Be careful when feeding as Eels eyesight is not the best. They may accidentally (or not so accidentally) bite your hand. We recommend the use of feeding tongs instead of using fingers. A bite from an Eel can cause a serious bacterial infection. It is important to clean the wound area well and immediately seek medical help if you see any signs of redness.

Other Common Names
Honeycomb Moray Eel, Tessellated Eel, Leopard Eel
Description
One of the most exciting colored morays in the industry, the Tesselated or Honeycomb Moray has an awesome brown leopard spotted pattern on a creamy yellow/white back ground. This spotted beauty, for all it’s fascinating coloration, is one of the most aggressive Eels available in the industry. Caution should be exercised when keeping this fish with other tankmates including other eels. Additional caution should be taken when working in the aquarium as they are aggressive and will bite.
Diet
Feed a varied diet consisting of large chunks of meaty foods. These foods include krill, raw table shrimp, squid, clam and mussel.

paddyob
12-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Very cool looking Eel!

118" max length!! Crazy!

mikec
01-22-2011, 12:13 AM
sold. thanks