PDA

View Full Version : Shed's open

hippo!
12-06-2010, 01:03 AM
Think we have need of a shed here......stove's lit and there's cold ones in the box

all are welcome!

hippo!
12-06-2010, 01:06 AM
By the way..I'm always looking for frags.....so if anybody half close to town has anything to trade/sell let me know...I have some mushrooms and rics getting ready

Northernseacorals
01-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Hey mate I am in Bay Roberts, and new to the province.
Can you tell me if there are any decent shops in the city to get stock at?

Thanks hippo

hippo!
01-28-2011, 12:14 AM
Welcome to the Rock!

Been tied up with work and just saw this.

Not a big selection of stores in town anymore. You have Tropical Marine Pets, Pets Unlimited at the moment. There is a Pet Smart coming soon but not sure if the will have sw or not.

Tropical Marine Pets is on Torbay Road across from Stavanger Drive (Box store heaven). Owner opperated and not a bad spot. Paul has a fair selection of fish depending on how long after the order comes in you get there. Small selection of coral is avail.

PU has a small selection of sw and pretty pricey. They do have a pretty good supply of dry goods on hand though.

I was at TMP tonight, is there anything in paricular you were after

Cheers

Northernseacorals
01-28-2011, 03:21 AM
Welcome to the Rock!

Been tied up with work and just saw this.

Not a big selection of stores in town anymore. You have Tropical Marine Pets, Pets Unlimited at the moment. There is a Pet Smart coming soon but not sure if the will have sw or not.

Tropical Marine Pets is on Torbay Road across from Stavanger Drive (Box store heaven). Owner opperated and not a bad spot. Paul has a fair selection of fish depending on how long after the order comes in you get there. Small selection of coral is avail.

PU has a small selection of sw and pretty pricey. They do have a pretty good supply of dry goods on hand though.

I was at TMP tonight, is there anything in paricular you were after

Cheers

Yeah I was looking for another JBJ nano. Do you know if it's a stocked item?

Next time I am in the city I will make sure to swing by for a look at both shops Hippo, thanks for the heads up...... The directions are appreciated as I tend to get let easily haha

reefwars
01-28-2011, 03:56 AM
cold ones eh?? ...... buddy on me way:):)

hippo!
01-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Yeah I was looking for another JBJ nano. Do you know if it's a stocked item?

d-on't believe it's a stocked item at Pauls, he could probably order it for you or check online sources.

Check PU's online site..haven't seen any nanos there except for those Elite kits.

hippo!
01-28-2011, 08:11 PM
cold ones eh?? ...... buddy on me way:):)

lol, light's on

Northernseacorals
01-28-2011, 11:24 PM
d-on't believe it's a stocked item at Pauls, he could probably order it for you or check online sources.

Check PU's online site..haven't seen any nanos there except for those Elite kits.

Sorry but who is pu :lol:

reefwars
01-29-2011, 06:50 AM
pu is pets unlimited......hey hippo any body in town make custom tanks or any one selling big ones??;)

Northernseacorals
01-29-2011, 01:24 PM
pu is pets unlimited..

Thanks mate !

hippo!
01-30-2011, 12:07 AM
don't know of anybody making large tanks local. u looking for glass or acrylic?

TMP usually has 75s in stock, PU 90/125 with an occasional 180. Larger can be ordered in. There are a couple of Miracles custom mades around town, not sure what they paid for shipping from Ontario.

reefwars
01-30-2011, 01:03 AM
don't know of anybody making large tanks local. u looking for glass or acrylic?

TMP usually has 75s in stock, PU 90/125 with an occasional 180. Larger can be ordered in. There are a couple of Miracles custom mades around town, not sure what they paid for shipping from Ontario.

haha i can see im gonna get frustratred easily eh lol what about glass is there somewhere to order glass if i wanted to build it myself??

where do you live in st johns?? i sent the guy at tmp a message asking about tanks but he hasnt gotten back from me yet:)

Northernseacorals
02-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Funny song I found online,

http://web.me.com/ashleyhicksbysea/Newfoundland_Chicken_Song/Newfoundland_Folk_Song.html

hippo!
02-07-2011, 12:34 AM
getting plate glass is not a problem, not sure about low carbon..starfire or such...probably special order.

I'm near MUN, Paul's shop is across the street from my office (when I'm in town) working in Long Harbour atm.

hippo!
02-07-2011, 12:53 AM
Funny song I found online,

http://web.me.com/ashleyhicksbysea/Newfoundland_Chicken_Song/Newfoundland_Folk_Song.html

nice find Ash, any idea who the singer is? sounds southern shore

Northernseacorals
02-07-2011, 02:02 AM
nice find Ash, any idea who the singer is? sounds southern shore

Heaves I would not know, I just stumbled across it and reposted it to my personal blog..

I will ask my neighbor he is an older fella that might know :mrgreen:

hippo!
02-10-2011, 09:07 PM
lol. just teasin....no worries

kole
06-21-2011, 12:15 AM
Hey I see the shed keeps popping up everywhere.How's it going hippo did you ever get that 125 up and running?

Edmonton newbie
06-21-2011, 12:23 AM
denny did i just see a green dot next to your name? your alive? wow time to get back outta the closet your hiding in and start posting again

reefwars
06-21-2011, 12:31 AM
hahah your pretty good buddy ive actually been on once or twice in the last few months but i only just got a laptop the other day and havent had a chance to play with it yet i figured i creep for a bit and see whats happening ive been mostly reading and seeing whats new:)

reefwars
06-26-2011, 12:00 AM
how she goes by's????? so when we having our first on the rock tank tours???